Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I strive to work closely with each of my patients to identify their unique gastrointestinal concerns, and to jointly develop an individualized plan to improve their symptoms and quality of life.”
Dr. Eckmann is board-certified in Internal Medicine and specializes in General Gastroenterology. He has a particular clinical interest in colon cancer screening, surveillance, and outcomes, as well as other luminal gastrointestinal disorders including inflammatory bowel disease and disorders of the esophagus.
- Ebner DW, Burger KN, Mahoney DW, Broderick BT, Eckmann JD, et al. Neoplasia Diagnosis After Multi-target Stool DNA Is Enhanced Among Lowest Baseline Detectors. Dig Dis Sci. 2023 Sep;68(9):3721-3731. doi: 10.1007/s10620-023-08038-5. Epub 2023 Jul 24. PMID: 37486445.
- Eckmann JD, Shaukat A. Updates in the understanding and management of diverticular disease. Curr Opin Gastroenterol. 2022 Jan 1;38(1):48-54. doi: 10.1097/MOG.0000000000000791. PMID: 34619712.
- Eckmann JD, Ebner DW, Bering J, et al. Multitarget Stool DNA Screening in Clinical Practice: High Positive Predictive Value for Colorectal Neoplasia Regardless of Exposure to Previous Colonoscopy. Am J Gastroenterol. 2020 Apr;115(4):608-615. doi: 10.14309/ajg.0000000000000546. PMID: 32068535; PMCID: PMC7127971.
- Eckmann JD, Kamboj AK, Loftus CG. 30-Year-Old Woman With Intractable Vomiting. Mayo Clin Proc. 2019 Oct;94(10):2117-2121. doi: 10.1016/j.mayocp.2019.03.036. PMID: 31585584.
- Eckmann JD, Chedid V, Quinn KP, Bonthu N, Nehra V, Raffals LE. De Novo Colitis Associated With Rituximab in 21 Patients at a Tertiary Center. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2020 Jan;18(1):252-253. doi: 10.1016/j.cgh.2019.03.027. Epub 2019 Mar 21. PMID: 30905719.
- Creighton University, Omaha, NE, USA
- Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- American College of Gastroenterology
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Board Eligible in Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Chief Medical Resident, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
“In my free time, I enjoy road biking, exploring new restaurants, brewing a good cup of coffee, and spending time with my wife and son.”