Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“My approach to care is rooted in my lifelong personal experience with peanut and tree-nut allergies, and asthma. My goal is to listen to and partner with patients to create a plan that is best for them while leveraging the most up-to-date allergy and immunology literature and research.”
Dr. Dorn is board-certified in allergy and immunology, caring for patients with allergies, asthma, and immune deficiencies. He completed his fellowship at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN, and his internal medicine residency at Hennepin Healthcare. He has special clinical interest and expertise in food allergy, food oral immunotherapy, drug allergy, and chronic cough.
- Jin, J. Dorn, JM. Yunginger, J. Ott, N. Ara h 2 is detectable on the surfaces of commercial airplanes. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology: In practice. 2019. Feb;7(2).659-661. PMID: 29879484.
- Dorn, JM. Alpern, M. McNulty, C. Volcheck, GW. Sulfonamide Drug Allergy. Current Allergy and Asthma Reports. (2018) 18:38. PMID: 29876667.
- Dorn, JM. Abraham, RS. Rodriguez, V. Khan, S. Stefanski, H. Joshi, A. Optimal Approach to assessing T-cell function in Hematopoietic Cell Transplant Recipients. BJM Case Rep. Jan 23; 2018. PMID 29367369.
- Dorn, JM. Patnaik, MM. Van Hee, M. Smith, MJ. Lagerstedt, SA. Newman, CC. Boyce, TG. Abraham, RS. WILD Syndrome is GATA2 deficiency; a novel deletion in the GATA2 gene. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology: In Practice. July-August 2017; 5(4): 1149-1152. PMID: 28373026.
- Dorn, JM. Volcheck, GW. Sulfonamide Drug Allergy. Book Chapter: Khan, D. Banerji, A. Drug Allergy Testing; 1st edition. Elsevier. 7/28/2017.
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Internal Medicine, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Allergy and Immunology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
Media, Newsletters and Videos
- 11 Dangerous Myths About Food Allergies, Reader’s Digest, Canada
- Twitter: @JMDallergy
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Board Certified in Pediatric and Adult Allergy and Immunology
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Top Doctor, Minnesota Monthly Magazine 2019, 2020
- Excellence in Primary Care Medicine Award, Hennepin Healthcare, 2016
“In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my wife and children, reading, being outside, and playing music.