Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am passionate about working with older adults and their families. I believe that every patient’s story is unique, and am dedicated to helping each patient meet their health-related goals.”
As a geriatrician, Dr. Sheets provides care for older adults in the clinic and in nursing homes. She has particular interests in complex chronic disease management, dementia, HIV, and functional impairment.
- Houts A, Sheets K, Okonkwo N, Kerzner L. Detecting, Assessing, and Responding to Elder Mistreatment. In: Walter L, Chang A, editors. Current Diagnosis and Treatment: Geriatrics (3rd ed.). McGraw-Hill, Medical Publishing Division.
- Fink HA, Linskens EJ, MacDonald R, Silverman PC, McCarten JR, Talley KMC, Forte ML, Desai PJ, Nelson VA, Miller MA, Hemmy LS, Brasure M, Taylor BC, Ng W, Ouellette JM, Sheets KM, Wilt TJ, Butler M. Benefits and Harms of Prescription Drugs and Supplements for Treatment of Clinical Alzheimer-Type Dementia: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Annals of Internal Medicine. 2020;172(10):656-668.
- Sheets KM, Atta MG, Fine DM, Zook K, McFall AM, Estrella MM, Schwartz GJ, Lucas GM. Longitudinal assessment of proximal tubular dysfunction in HIV seropositive and seronegative persons: correlates and implications. JAIDS. 2017;75(1):45-51.
- Schnell K, Weiss CO, Lee T, Krishnan JA, Leff B, Wolff JL, Boyd C. The prevalence of clinically-relevant comorbid conditions in patients with COPD: a cross-sectional study using data from NHANES 1999-2008. BMC Pulm Med. 2012;12(1):1.
- Johns Hopkins University Medical School, Baltimore, MD, USA
- Internal Medicine, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD, USA
- Geriatric Medicine, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- American College of Physicians
- American Geriatrics Society
- Minnesota Association for Geriatrics Inspired Clinicians
- Certified in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Certified in Geriatric Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School
- Assistant Chief of Service (Chief Resident), Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
“In my free time, I enjoy walking along the Mississippi River, cooking, and spending time with my family and friends.”