Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am passionate about providing thorough, personalized care, tailored to my specific patients’ needs. I enjoy listening to each patient’s story and sharing evidence-based information regarding their condition to establish a treatment plan that allows the patient to make their own decisions about their health care.”
Dr. Brett is a podiatric surgeon who completed a high-volume, comprehensive surgical residency program at Regions Hospital / HealthPartners Institute in St. Paul, Minnesota. This training provided extensive training in all aspects of reconstructive foot and ankle surgery, lower extremity trauma surgery, and diabetic limb salvage. She has a special interest in training resident physicians and medical students in the field of podiatric surgery.
- Boffeli T, Abben K, Brett K: Revision Surgery for Persistent Insertional Achilles Tendinopathy, Retrocalcaneal Exostosis and Haglund’s Deformity. In Zgonis, T. and Roukis, T. (ed): Revision Surgery of the Foot and Ankle. Philadelphia, Wolters Kluwer / Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, 2022, pp. 281-296.
- Abben K, Heys M, Diol K, Brett K: Lesser Metatarsophalangeal Joint Hemiarthroplasty: A Case Series Highlighting Treatment of Degenerative Joint Disease in the Lesser Metatarsophalangeal Joints. Foot & Ankle Surgery: Techniques, Reports & Cases. Published, August 2023.
- Boffeli T, Brett K, Lubek Z: Transpositional 1st Metatarsophalangeal Joint Fusion for an Arthritic or Recurrent Bunion Complicated by Rigid Intermetatarsal Angle Deformity – A case series highlighting indications, patient selection criteria, and surgical technique pearls. Foot & Ankle Surgery: Techniques, Reports & Cases. Published, July 2022.
- Boffeli T, Luer S, Brett K, Chang H: Osteomyelitis Associated with Gangrene of the Forefoot: a Retrospective Review of Consecutive Cases to Identify Incidence and Impact of Acute Infection on Outcome Following Amputation. J. Foot Ankle Surg. Published, March 2022.
- Boffeli T, Brett K, Messerly C: The Lateral Kidner Procedure: A Case Series to Demonstrate Patient Selection and Surgical Technique Pearls. Foot & Ankle Surgery: Techniques, Reports & Cases. Published, January 2022.
- Boffeli T, Brett K, Duelfer K, Collier R: Assessment of a Dorsal L-shaped Locking Plate Fixation Construct in Conjunction with Medial Collateral Ligament Reconstruction in Distal Metatarsal Osteotomy for Correction of Hallux Valgus. J. Foot Ankle Surg. Published, August 2021.
- Nack D, Brett K, Boffeli T: Minimally Invasive Treatment of Subchondral Trabecular Insufficiency Fracture of the Talar Body Using a Bioabsorbable Implant. Minnesota Podiatric Physician Association Newsletter. Winter 2022.
- Abben K, Brett K: Repair of Acute Tibialis Anterior Tendon Ruptures; A review of the literature, surgical technique, and postoperative protocol. Podiatry Today. June 2022.
- Abben K, Brett K: Surgical Options for Advanced Degenerative Joint Disease of the 2nd Metatarsophalangeal Joint. Podiatry Today. October 2021.
- Brett K, Abben K: Use of a Bone Block Allograft for Severe Calcific Insertional Achilles Tendinopathy with Retrocalcaneal Exostosis. Minnesota Podiatric Physician Association Newsletter. Summer 2021.
- Kent State College of Podiatric Medicine, Independence, OH, USA
- Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, Regions Hospital / HealthPartners Institute, Saint Paul, MN, USA
- Minnesota Podiatric Medical Association
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- Chief Resident
“In my free time, I enjoy all outdoor activities including hiking, skiing, boating, and camping. Also, soccer, running, gardening, and spending time with my dog, Baker.”