Marie Kennelly, MS, LCGC
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am committed to providing high-quality, equity focused patient care. I believe it is important to listen to patients and take time to understand their needs so the information I provide can help patients make informed decisions about their care.”
Marie is a Genetic Counselor who specializes in prenatal genetic counseling as well as working with pediatric and cardiac patients and providers. She earned a Bachelor of Education at the University of Nebraska. She taught for five years prior to combining her love of teaching and genetics by pursuing a degree in Genetic Counseling. In 2007 she received her Masters of Science in Cellular, Developmental, Molecular Biology & Genetics and Genetic Counseling from the University of Minnesota. She works with the University of Minnesota Genetic Counseling program through clinical training of students as well as condition specific lectures. She also provides resident, fellow and provider education through Grand Rounds, lectures and observations during clinical rotations at Hennepin Healthcare.
- Gupta, Kunal; Kennelly, Marie R; Siddappa, Ashajyothi M, Congenital Myotonic Dystrophy and Brugada Syndrome: A Report of Two Cases, United States, The American journal of case reports, 2020-01-09, Vol.21, p.e919867.
- Runyon, Marie; Zahm, Kimberly W; Veach, Patricia McCarthy; MacFarlane, Ian M; LeRoy, Bonnie S, What Do Genetic Counselors Learn on the Job? A Qualitative Assessment of Professional Development Outcomes, Boston: Springer US Journal of genetic counseling, 2010-08, Vol.19 (4), p.371-386.
- Bhargava, Maneesh; Runyon, Marie R; Smirnov, Dmitri; Lei, Jianxun; Groppoli, Thomas J; Mariash, Cary N; Wangensteen, O. Douglas; Ingbar, David H, Triiodo-L-thyronine Rapidly Stimulates Alveolar Fluid Clearance in Normal and Hyperoxia-injured Lungs, New York, NY: Am Thoracic Soc American journal of respiratory and critical care medicine, 2008-09-01, Vol.178 (5), p.506-512.
- National Society of Genetic Counselors
- Minnesota Genetic Counselor Association
- Master of Science, Cellular, Developmental & Molecular Biology & Genetics, Genetic Counseling
- Certified Genetic Counselor (CGC) & Diplomate of the American Board of Genetic Counseling.
- Genetic Counselor License, Minnesota Board of Medical Practice
“In my free time you will find me with my family and friends cooking, playing games, knitting or traveling. I love the chance to learn new things, try new foods and explore the world.”