Dr. Nance leads the Huntington’s Disease Center’s research efforts and is an investigator in many Huntington’s Disease trials. She is also a medical advisor to the Minnesota chapter of Huntington’s Disease Society of America. She also teaches medical students and health professionals about all aspects of Huntington’s Disease. Dr. Nance has been the Medical Director of the Huntington’s Disease Center at HCMC since 1991.
- Carlozzi NE, Boileau NR, Perlmutter JS, Chou KL, Stout JC, Paulsen JS, McCormack MK, Cella D, Nance MA, Lai JS, Dayalu P. Agreement between clinician-rated versus patient-reported outcomes in Huntington disease. J Neurol. 2018 Jun;265(6):1443-1453. doi: 10.1007/s00415-018-8852-5. Epub 2018 Apr 23.
- Carlozzi NE, Hahn EA, Frank SA, Perlmutter JS, Downing ND, McCormack MK, Barton S, Nance MA, Schilling SG; HDQLIFE Site Investigators and Coordinators. A new measure for end of life planning, preparation, and preferences in Huntington disease: HDQLIFE end of life planning. J Neurol. 2018 Jan;265(1):98-107. doi: 10.1007/s00415-017-8677-7. Epub 2017 Nov 15.
- Moser AD, Epping E, Espe-Pfeifer P, Martin E, Zhorne L, Mathews K, Nance M, Hudgell D, Quarrell O, Nopoulos P. A survey-based study identifies common but unrecognized symptoms in a large series of juvenile Huntington’s disease. Neurodegener Dis Manag. 2017 Oct;7(5):307-315. doi: 10.2217/nmt-2017-0019. Epub 2017 Oct 18.
- Boileau NR, Stout JC, Paulsen JS, Cella D, McCormack MK, Nance MA, Frank S, Lai JS, Carlozzi NE. Reliability and Validity of the HD-PRO-TriadTM, a Health-Related Quality of Life Measure Designed to Assess the Symptom Triad of Huntington’s Disease. J Huntingtons Dis. 2017;6(3):201-215. doi: 10.3233/JHD-170238.
- Nance MA. Genetics of Huntington disease. Handb Clin Neurol. 2017;144:3-14. doi: 10.1016/B978-0-12-801893-4.00001-8. Review.
For additional publications, please visit PubMed.org.
- Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, VA, USA
- Neurology, Fairview University Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA