Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am a board-certified gastroenterologist. I am passionate about gastrointestinal disorders with a particular interest in liver diseases and inflammatory bowel disease. I provide information, counseling, and guidance to patients as they make their own decisions about their health care.”
Dr. Torrealba is a board-certified gastroenterologist and also in internal medicine. He is caring for patients hospitalized with acute GI conditions as well as patients in the clinic who have chronic gastrointestinal disorders. He also has a special interest in medical education.
- Alonso, M.T., Single-operator cholangioscopy for the diagnosis of bile duct lymphoma: a case report and brief review of the literature (with video), Endoscopy Journal.
- Alonso, M.T., Incarcerated Colonoscope in a Left Inguinal Hernia During Colonoscopy, ACG Case Report Journal/Volume 8 2021.
- Universidad de Ciencias Medicas, SAN JOSÉ, COSTA RICA
- Internal Medicine, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Excellence in primary care, Hennepin Healthcare
“In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my family, traveling to my home country Costa Rica and also riding my bike. I also love watching soccer.”