Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I believe that every life matters and that medical care is highly personal. I strive to provide exceptional care to every patient who walks through the door, keeping in mind that a patient’s values, culture, beliefs, and present situation often play a significant role in the care they wish to receive.”
Dr. Rischall has extensive experience in treating acutely ill and injured patients including those with significant trauma, orthopedic injuries and those who are critically ill. Her specific areas of interest include the hypothermia, ECG interpretation, and increasing diversity and wellness in emergency medicine.
- Rischall ML, Chung A, Tabatabai R, Doty C, Hart D. Emergency Medicine Resident Shift Work Preferences: A Comparison of Resident Scheduling Preferences and Recommended Schedule Design for Shift Workers, Academic Emergency Medicine Education and Training. 2018 Jul(2): 229-235.
- Klein LR, Huelster J, Adil U, Rischall ML, Brunette DD, Kempainen RR, Prekker ME. Endovascular Rewarming in the Emergency Department for Moderate to Severe Accidental Hypothermia. American Journal Of Emergency Medicine. 2017 Nov;35(11):1624-1629.
- Rischall ML, Rowland-Fisher A. Evidence-Based Management of Accidental Hypothermia in the Emergency Department. Emergency Medicine Practice. 2016;18(1).
- Osterman JL, Rischall ML. Management of Increased Intracranial Pressure and Intracranial Shunts. In: Roberts JR, Hedges JR, eds. Clinical Procedures in Emergency Medicine, 6th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier, 2014.
- University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
- Emergency Medicine, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
- Board Certified in Emergency Medicine
- Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School
- Anthony Skedros Memorial Award, Hennepin County Medical Center (Peer Education and Leadership Award)
- Outstanding Peer Educator, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania