Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“It is important to me to work closely with each patient to understand their specific needs and goals so that together we can develop the best treatment plan to keep them active and on their feet.”
Dr. Winder specializes in surgical and non-surgical management of foot and ankle conditions in patients of all ages. She has comprehensive training in all aspects of foot and ankle surgery, including trauma, Charcot reconstruction, forefoot and rearfoot elective reconstructive procedures, internal and external fixation, arthroscopy, pediatrics, clubfoot casting/procedures, plastic surgery techniques, wound care, and limb salvage.
- Clair BL, Winder ML, Neubauer EF. Open Evaluation of the Peroneal Tendons Should Be Considered in Patients With Chronic Lateral Ankle Instability Undergoing Ankle Arthroscopy With Lateral Ankle Stabilization. J Foot Ankle Surg. 2021;S1067-2516(21)00407-5.
- Bauerly NA, Bobbitt, KL, Kvas, SP, Winder M. Delayed diagnosis and treatment of pediatric calcaneal acute hematogenous osteomyelitis: A case report. Foot & Ankle Surgery: Techniques, Reports and Cases; 2021.
- Bobbitt K, Winder M, Kvas SP. Infection of a Diabetic Foot Ulcer Caused by Staphylococcus Pseudintermedius, a Zoonotic Pathogen of Canine Origin. JAPMA accepted for publication.
- Winder ML, Clair BL, Neubauer EF, Peroneal tendon pathology in the setting of lateral ankle instability: a comparison of preoperative MRI findings to intraoperative prevalence, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons Annual Scientific Conference, San Antonio, TX, February 2020.
- Winder, M., Infection of a Diabetic Foot Ulcer Caused by Staphylococcus Pseudintermedius, a Zoonotic Pathogen of Canine Origin, Minnesota Podiatric Physician, January – May 2019 Issue.
- Wu SC, Crews RT, Skratsky M, Overstreet J, Yalla SV, Winder M, Ortiz J, Andersen CA. Control of lower extremity edema in patients with diabetes: Double-blind randomized controlled trial assessing the efficacy of mild compression diabetic socks. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice. 2017;127: 35-43.
- Winder M, Wu S. A Guide to Microvascular Assessment for Wound Healing, Podiatry Today, May 2015.
- Branigan M, Wu S., Diagnosing DPN, Podiatry Management, November/December 2014.
- Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, North Chicago, IL, USA
- Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Minnesota Podiatric Medical Association
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Twin Cities Foot & Ankle Conference
- Board Certified, Foot Surgery
- Board Certified, Reconstructive Rearfoot and Ankle Surgery
- Chief Resident 2019 – Hennepin Healthcare
“I am originally from the Chicago suburbs, but my husband and I are happy to now call the Twin Cities our home. We have two rescue dogs, and enjoy maintaining an active lifestyle and spending as much time outdoors as we can.”