Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I believe that all patients, regardless of their background, should have access to compassionate, competent care.”
Dr. Scott is trained in Emergency Medicine and Internal Medicine, providing care for a wide range of conditions. He has special interests in medical education and quality improvement.
- Pettit K, Messman A, Scott N, Puskarich M, Wang H, Alanis N, Dehon E, Konrath S, Welch RD, Kline J. Multi-institutional intervention to improve patient perception of physician empathy in emergency care. Emerg Med J. 2021 Dec 21:emermed-2020-210757. doi: 10.1136/emermed-2020-210757. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 34933917.
- Scott N, Rodos A, Dwyer R, Tyo C, Martin D. Emergency Medicine/Internal Medicine Combined Residency Graduates Have High Career Satisfaction and Commonly Practice in Both Specialties. AEM Educ Train. 2020 Jul 24;5(2):e10493. doi: 10.1002/aet2.10493. PMID: 33842808; PMCID: PMC8019212.
- Nikpay S, Tschautscher C, Scott NL, Puskarich M. Association of hospital closures with changes in Medicare-covered ambulance trips among rural emergency medical services agencies. Acad Emerg Med. 2021 Sep;28(9):1070-1072. doi: 10.1111/acem.14273. Epub 2021 Jun 3. PMID: 33955604.
- Scott NL, Klein LR, Cales E, Driver BE. Hypoglycemia as a complication of intravenous insulin to treat hyperkalemia in the emergency department. Am J Emerg Med. 2019 Feb;37(2):209-213. doi: 10.1016/j.ajem.2018.05.016. Epub 2018 May 10. PMID: 29861377.
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Emergency Medicine/Internal Medicine, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- American College of Physicians
- Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
- Council of Emergency Medicine Residency Directors
- Board certified in Emergency Medicine by the American Board of Emergency Medicine
- Board certified in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Assistant Professor, University of Minnesota Medical School
- Top Doctor, Rising Stars Edition, 2018, Mpls. St. Paul Magazine
- Resident Outstanding Teaching Teaching Award, University of Minnesota Medical School