Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I believe that all patients, regardless of their background, should have access to compassionate, competent care.”
Dr. Scott is trained in Emergency Medicine and Internal Medicine, providing care for a wide range of conditions. He has special interests in medical education and quality improvement.
- Sandoval Y, Smith SW, Sexter A, Thordsen SE, Bruen CA, Carlson MD, Dodd KW, Driver BE, Hu Y, Jacoby K, Johnson BK, Love SA, Moore JC, Schulz K, Scott NL, Apple FS. Type 1 and 2 Myocardial Infarction and Myocardial Injury: Clinical Transition to High-Sensitivity Cardiac Troponin I. Am J Med. 2017 Dec;130(12.
- Mulder M, Gibbs HG, Smith SW, Dhaliwal R, Scott NL, Sprenkle MD, Geocadin RG. Awakening and withdrawal of life-sustaining treatment in cardiac arrest survivors treated with therapeutic hypothermia*. Crit Care Med. 2014 Dec;42(12):2493-9.
- Kessler C, Scott NL, Siedsma M, Jordan J, Beach C, Coletti CM. Interunit handoffs of patients and transfers of information: a survey of current practices. Ann Emerg Med. 2014 Oct;64(4):343-349.
- Prekker ME, Scott NL, Hart D, Sprenkle MD, Leatherman JW. Point-of-care ultrasound to estimate central venous pressure: a comparison of three techniques. Crit Care Med. 2013 Mar;41(3):833-41.
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Emergency Medicine/Internal Medicine, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- American College of Physicians
- Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
- Council of Emergency Medicine Residency Directors
- Board certified in Emergency Medicine by the American Board of Emergency Medicine
- Board certified in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Assistant Professor, University of Minnesota Medical School
- Top Doctor, Rising Stars Edition, 2018, Mpls. St. Paul Magazine
- Resident Outstanding Teaching Teaching Award, University of Minnesota Medical School