Oliver Ni, MD, MSCI
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“Neuromuscular pathology can be a powerful tool to aid clinicians with diagnosing complicated neuromuscular disorders. I enjoy practicing neuromuscular medicine, interpreting nerve and muscle pathology and find that the history, clinical exam and prior workup are essential pieces of the puzzle when working up neuromuscular diseases. We strive to obtain pertinent clinical information to help us achieve a more tailored and specific diagnosis when interpreting nerve and muscle pathology. I am happy to discuss neuromuscular patient cases before and or after muscle and nerve biopsies.”
Dr. Ni is a board-certified neurologist with extensive experience in neuromuscular pathology, electromyography, and neurophysiology. He received medical training at the University of Florida College of Medicine and his Master of Science in Clinical Investigation from Washington University in St. Louis. He holds over 15 years of clinical and laboratory experience and specializes in neuromuscular disorders, electromyography, and neuromuscular ultrasound. Dr. Ni has a joint appointment as the Director of the Neuromuscular Pathology Laboratory at Hennepin Healthcare and as a Neurologist at the Noran Neurological Clinic.
- Lopate G, Baloh RH, Al-Lozi MT, Miller TM, Fernandes Filho JA, Ni O, Leston A, Florence J, Schiebecker J, Allred P, Familial ALS with extreme phenotypic variability due to the I113T SOD1 mutation. Amyotroph Lateral Scler. 2010 Feb;11(1-2):232-6.
- Walker M, Ni O, Neuroprotection During Chemotherapy: A Systematic Review. Am J Clin Oncol. 2007 Feb;30(1): 82-92.
- Benedict SL, Ni OK, Schlosser, P, White KS, Bale JF Jr., Intra-arterial Thrombolysis in a 2-Year-Old with Cardioembolic Stroke. J Child Neurol. 2007 Feb;22(2):225-7.
- Brownell AA, Ni O, Bromberg MB, Comparison of three algorithms for multi-motor unit detection and waveform marking. Muscle Nerve. 2006 Apr;33(4): 538-45.
- University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL, USA
- Neurology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Neuromuscular Disease/Clinical Neurophysiology/Neuromuscular Pathology, Washington University in St. Louis, MO, USA
- Certified in Clinical Neuromuscular Pathology by the United Council for Neurologic Subspecialties
- Certified in Neurology and Neuromuscular Medicine by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Certified in Electrodiagnostic Medicine by the American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine