Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“Every individual is so much more than the illness or medical condition that brings them to the hospital or doctor’s office. I aim to get to know that ‘person’, and am passionate about providing support and care for them and their loved ones as we navigate the journey of a serious illness.”
Dr. Hannon is a specialist in Palliative Medicine and Hospital Medicine; he provides guidance and support in the management of symptoms and suffering associated with serious illnesses.
- Hannon PM, Kuo SH, Strutt AM, York MK, Kass JS. Improvement of Neurological Symptoms and Memory and Emotional Status in a Case of Seronegative Sneddon Syndrome with Cyclophosphamide. Clin Neurol Neurosurg, 112, 544-47. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2010 Jul;112(6):544-7.
- de Havenon A, Sultan-Qurraie A, Hannon P, Tirschwell DL. The Development of Regional Stroke Centers. Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep. 2015 May;15(5):544.
- Chung LS, Tkach A, Lingenfelter EM, Dehoney SB, Rollo J, de Havenon A, DeWitt LD, Grantz MR, Wang H, Wold JJ, Hannon PM, Weathered NR, Majersik JJ. Tissue Plasminogen Activator Prescription and Administration Errors within a Regional Stroke System. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2016 Mar;25(3):565-71.
- Lyden P, Pryor KE, Coffey CS, Cudkowicz M, Conwit R, Jadhav A, Sawyer RN Jr, Claassen J, Adeoye O, Song S, Hannon P, Rost NS, Hinduja A, Torbey M, Lee JM, Benesch C, Rippee M, Rymer M, Froehler MT, Clarke Haley E, Johnson M, Yankey J, Magee K, Qidwai J, Levy H, Mark Haacke E, Fawaz M, Davis TP, Toga AW, Griffin JH, Zlokovic BV; NeuroNEXT Clinical Trials Network NN104 Investigators. Final Results of the RHAPSODY Trial: A Multi-Center, Phase 2 Trial Using a Continual Reassessment Method to Determine the Safety and Tolerability of 3K3A-APC, A Recombinant Variant of Human Activated Protein C, in Combination with Tissue Plasminogen Activator, Mechanical Thrombectomy or both in Moderate to Severe Acute Ischemic Stroke. Ann Neurol. 2019 Jan;85(1):125-136. doi: 10.1002/ana.25383. Epub 2019 Jan 7.
- Kobayashi, JK., Bhavsar, UM., Timme, KH., Hannon, PM, Really Good Stuff: Longitudinal Students-as-Teachers Programme. Medical Education March 26, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1111/medu.14117.
- Hannon P, Lappe K, Griffin C, Roussel D, Colbert-Getz J. An objective structured clinical examination: From examination room to Zoom breakout room [published online ahead of print, 2020 May 16]. Med Educ. 2020;10.1111/medu.14241.
- Poon JT, Tkach A, Havenon AH, Hoversten K, Johnson J, Hannon PM, Chung LS, Majersik JJ. Telestroke consultation can accurately diagnose ischemic stroke mimics. J Telemed Telecare. 2021 Feb 3.
- Colbert-Getz J, Chow C, Li M, Weber T, Hannon P, Hammad I, Good B, Bonnett R, Sakaeda M, Robson J, Lamb S. Times of Medical Education Crisis Require New Evaluation Approaches: Proof of Concept of a System-Based Program Evaluation Model. Med Sci Educ. 2021 Mar 17;31(3):1-6.
- Hannon P, Goals-of-Care & Palliative Approaches, Practical Neurology, Jan 2022, 49-53.
- Baylor College of Medicine, Houston TX, USA
- Neurology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Media, Newsletters and Videos
- Hannon, P. Stop Communicate Listen. University of Utah Accelerate Platform.
- Hannon P, Chung L, Stroke ECHO, Live/Interactive Quarterly Webinar on Current Topics in Stroke Care (CME Eligible)
- Hannon P, Chung L, SCORES, Live/Interactive Quarterly Webinar on Current Topics in Stroke Care (CME Eligible)
- Timme K & Hannon P. One-Minute Preceptor. University of Utah Accelerate Platform. 6/19/2019
- Hannon P and Timme K. How Clinician Educators Can Give Effective Feedback. University of Utah Accelerate Platform. 7/12/2019
- Li M, Weber T, Hannon P, Hammad I, Good B, Bonnett R, Chow, C Lamb, S, and Colbert-Getz J. Adapting and Improving Through Adversity. University of Utah Accelerate Platform. 1/9/2021
- Contributer, The Progression of ALS: Resources across the Continuum | ALS Tool Kit, University of Utah ALS Clinic, 2021.
- Gallman E, Xiong W (Lead Editors); Aronson J, Hannon P, Kapadia N (student), Lindsley J, Metzstein M (Contributing Authors in alphabetical order). Aquifer Sciences Integrated Illness Scripts: Stroke – Hemorrhagic (Intracerebral – Left Putamen). Fall LH and Wilson-Delfosse AL, eds. www.aquifer.org. Date of First Publication: July 1, 2021.
- Gallman E, Xiong W (Lead Editors); Aronson J, Hannon P, Lindsley J, Metzstein M, Sattler L (Contributing Authors in alphabetical order). Aquifer Sciences Integrated Illness Scripts: Stroke – Ischemic (Left Middle Cerebral Artery). Fall LH and Wilson-Delfosse AL, eds. www.aquifer.org. Date of First Publication: July 1, 2021.
- Hannon P, Lead Author, American Academy of Neurology (AAN), Neuropalliative Care Curriculum for Neurology Residents
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Association of Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
- Chief Resident, University of Utah Neurology Department 2011-2012
- Resident Teaching Award, University of Utah Neurology Department 2012
- Health Sciences LEAN Education Program, University of Utah
- Leaders of Tomorrow Program Scholarship, University of Utah
- Leonard W. Jarcho, M.D. Distinguished Teaching Award, University of Utah School of Medicine
“I love outdoor activities like camping, boating, biking, hiking, cross-country skiing, and spending time with my friends and family.”