Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am committed to providing high-quality patient-centered care by honoring patient preferences through shared decision-making and utilizing the biopsychosocial perspective while employing other key nursing theories in my practice.”
Randy is a Nurse Practitioner who specializes in chronic wound care. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing at Crown College, his Master of Science degree in Nursing Leadership and Management at Walden University, and his Doctorate of Nursing Practice at the University of Minnesota. He is a Certified Wound Care Nurse and holds a certificate in Public Health Nursing. Randy has nursing experience in long-term care, transitional care, hospice, wound care, medical and substance use, cardiac, and intermediate care nursing along with leadership experience in long-term care and acute care.
- Guthrie, P.F., Rayborn, S., Boatright, J., Pearson, V., Wieting, R., Peterson, R., Danahy, M. (2018). Improving resident oral health and adherence to a ventilator-associated pneumonia bundle in a skilled nursing facility. Journal of Nursing Care Quality, 33(4), 316-325. doi: 10.1097/NCQ.00000000000321.
- American Association of Nursing Practitioners
- American Nurses Association
- Minnesota Nurse Practitioners
- Minnesota Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Coalition
- Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nurses Society
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Board Certified as an Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nursing Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Certified Wound Care Nurse
- Public Health Nurse Certificate
“In my free time, I enjoy running, biking, traveling, binging a good show, and advancing my knowledge to better care for my patients through application of evidence-based medicine.”