Ranjit John, MD
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“My commitment is always to the patient and family in providing outstanding technical expertise as well as ensuring professional and compassionate care where the safety and well being of the patient comes first.”
Dr. John’s interests and areas of expertise include valvular heart disease, ventricular assist devices, heart transplantation, transcatheter aortic valve replacement, and high-risk heart failure surgery.
- Schultz J, John R, Martin C, Kamdar F, Thenappan T, Cogswell R. Prevalence of myocardial fibrosis by left ventricular assist device apical core biopsy and correlation with other markers of myocardial recovery. ASAIO J March 2018. (Epub ahead of print)
- Mehra MR, Salerno C, Cleveland JC, Pinney S, Yuzefpolskaya M, Milano CA, Itoh A, Goldstein DJ, Uriel N, Gulati S, Pagani FD, John R, Adamson RM, Bogaev RC, Thohan V, Chuang J, Sood P, Goates S, Silvestry SC. Health Care Resource Use and Cost Implications in the MOMENTUM 3 Long-Term Outcome Study: A Randomized Controlled Trial of a Magnetically Levitated Cardiac Pump in Advanced Heart Failure. Circulation May, 2018, [Epub ahead of print].
- Cogswell R, Duval S, John R. Left ventricular assist device is protective against cardiac transplant delisting for medical unsuitability. Int J Cardiol May 2018, [Epub ahead of print].
- Ramu B, Cogswell RJ, Reding MT, John R, Martin CM. Plasma exchange to remove heparin-induced thrombocytopenia antibodies and the use of heparin during cardiopulmonary bypass in critically ill cardiac patients. J Heart Lung Transplant 2018, [Epub ahead of print].
- Gupta S, Cogswell RJ, Roy SS, Spratt JR, Liao KK, Martin CM, John R. Impact of 30 Day Readmission after Left Ventricular Assist Device Implantation. ASAIO J May 2018, [Epub ahead of print].
- Christian Medical College, Vellore, INDIA
- General Surgery, New York Medical College, Bronx, NY, USA
- Cardiothoracic Surgery, New York-Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
- International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation
- American Society of Artificial Internal Organs
- American Heart Association
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- American Association of Thoracic Surgery
- Lillehei Surgical Society
- Editorial Boards: Journal of Cardiovascular Translational Research, Journal of Heart Valve Disease, Journal of Thoracic Disease
- Board Certified in General Surgery
- Board Certified in Thoracic Surgery
- Professor, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota
- Site Director for Adult Heart Failure Surgery Fellowship Rotation, University of Minnesota
- Surgical Director, Ventricular Assist Program, University of Minnesota
- Surgical Director, Heart Transplant Program, University of Minnesota
- W. Gerald Austen Investigator Award, Society of Thoracic Surgeons, 2008
- U.S. News & World Report 2012 Top Doctor
- Minnesota Monthly “Best Doctors” (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)