Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am passionate about assuring that every one of our patients receives the highest quality emergency care 24/7/365.”
Dr. Reardon’s areas of research interest are emergency airway management and emergency and critical care ultrasound.
- Via G, Hussain A, Wells M, Reardon R, ElBarbary M, Noble V, Tsung J, Neskovic A, Price S, Oren-Grinber A, Liteplo A, Cordioli R, Naqvi N, Roba P, Poelaert J, Gulic T, Sloth E, Labovitz A, Kimura B, Breitkreutz R, Nasani N, Bowra J, Talmor D, Guarracino F, Goudie A, Xiaoting W, Chawla R, Galderisi M, Blaivas M, Petrovic T, Storti E, Neri L, Melniker L. International Evidence-Based Recommendations for Focused Cardiac Ultrasound (FoCUS). Abstract, 2013
- Joing S, Strote S, Caroon L, Wall C, Hess J, Roline C, Oh L, Dolan B, Poutre R, Carney K, Plummer D, Reardon R.Videos in Clinical Medicine. Ultrasound Guided Peripheral IV Placement. New England Journal of Medicine. 2012 Jun 21; 366 (25): e38.
- Ma OJ, Mateer JR, Reardon RF, Joing SA (editors) Ma and Mateer’s Emergency Ultrasound, Third Edition. McGraw Hill, New York, 2014.
- Reardon RF, Ma OJ, Mateer JR (editors) Pocket Atlas of Emergency Ultrasound. McGraw Hill, New York, 2011.
- Reardon RF, et al. (author of 4 chapters) Walls and Murphy (eds): Manual of Emergency Airway Management, 4th Edition. Philadelphia, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2012.
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Emergency Medicine, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, USA
Media, Newsletters and Videos
- Ultrasound for Clinicians, opens in a new windowwww.ultrasoundforclinicians.com
- Hennepin Ultrasound, opens in a new windowwww.hennepinultrasound.com
- HQMedED, opens in a new windowwww.hqmeded.com
- American Board of Emergency Medicine
- Fellow of the American College of Emergency Physicians
- WinFOCUS Member
- Society of Airway Management
- British Medical Ultrasound Society
- American Academy of Emergency Medicine
- Society of Academic Emergency Physicians
- Medical Director, Emergency Department and Urgent Care
- Program Director, Emergency Ultrasound Fellowship
- Professor of Emergency Medicine at the University of Minnesota Medical School
- Course Director, Ultrasound for Clinicians
- Course Instructor, The Difficult Airway Course
- Board certified in Emergency Medicine
- Emergency Medicine/Internal Medicine Annual Faculty Teaching Award
- Ernest Ruiz Teaching Award
“I enjoy spending time with my family. I take advantage of Minnesota’s seasons by downhill and cross-country skiing in the winter and competing in triathlons, golfing and sailing during the summer months.”