Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am committed to being a good listener and communicator and doing my best to support patients through the challenges of both short- and long-term illnesses.”
Dr. Ives works in both inpatient and outpatient internal medicine. He has particular interests in medical education (working with residents and medical students), hematology, and the social determinants of health.
- Pease DF, Ives ST, et al. Cases from Hennepin County Medical Center. ACP Hospitalist. September 2015.
- Kolb, AG, Ives ST, Davies SF. Diagnosis in Just Over a Minute: A Case of Chronic Eosinophilic Pneumonia. J Gen Intern Med. 2013 Jan 8.
- Goelz E. and Ives S. A woman with recurrent abscesses. Morning Report. SGIM Forum July 2011: 12-14.
- Narotzy S. and Ives S. A Young Man with Epigastric Pain and Anemia. Morning Report. SGIM Forum June 2011: 9-15.
- Erickson H. and Ives S. A Young Woman with Abdominal Pain and a Recent Motor Vehicle Accident. Morning Report. SGIM Forum May 2011: 5-9.
- University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
- Internal Medicine, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Society for Hospital Medicine
- Association for Program Directors in Internal Medicine
- Society of General Internal Medicine
- American College of Physicians
- American Medical Association
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School
- Associate Residency Program Director, Department of Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center
- Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification
- Minnesota Board of Medical Practice
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Outstanding Faculty Teacher Award-Transitional Program, Hennepin Healthcare, 2012
- Chief Resident Award, Hennepin Healthcare, 2010
- Resident Award for Excellence in Cardiology, Hennepin Healthcare, 2008
- Rising Star Award, Minneapolis/St. Paul Magazine, 2017, 2018, 2019
“I am originally from St. Paul, and I enjoy spending time doing outdoor activities around the metro area with my family.”