Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am here as a resource and guide for my patients. My patients set their own goals for living a fulfilling life and we work together to achieve them.”
Dr. Japuntich is a clinical psychologist. While she treats mood and anxiety disorders broadly, she has specific expertise in trauma-related disorders, attention deficit disorder, and tobacco cessation.
- Japuntich, S. J., Lee, L. O., Pineles, S. L., Gregor, K., Joos, C. M., Patton, S. C., Krishnan- Sarin, S., Rasmusson, A. M. (in press). Contingency management and cognitive behavioral therapy for trauma-exposed smokers with and without posttraumatic stress disorder. Addictive Behaviors.
- Japuntich, S.J., Kumar, P., Pendergast, J., Juarez, G., Malin, J., Wallace, R., Chrischilles, E., Keating, N.L., Park, E.R. (in press). Smoking status and survival among a national cohort of lung and colorectal cancer patients. Nicotine and Tobacco Research.
- Japuntich, S. J., Arditte Hall, K. A., Joos, C., Rasmusson, A. M., Pineles, S. L. (2018). Methods to Reduce False Reporting of Substance Abstinence in Clinical Research. International Journal of Methods in Psychiatric Research, 27, e1603.
- Japuntich, S. J., Krieger, N. H., Salvas, A. L., & Carey, M. P. (2018). Racial disparities in lung cancer screening: An exploratory investigation. Journal of the National Medical Association,110, 424-427.
- Japuntich, S. J., Sherman, S. E., Joseph, A. M., Clothier, B., Noorbaloochi, S., Danan, E., Burgess, D., Rogers, E., Fu, S. S. (2018) Proactive tobacco treatment for individuals with and without a mental health diagnosis: secondary analysis of a pragmatic randomized controlled trial. Addictive Behaviors, 76:15-19.
- Society for Nicotine and Tobacco Research
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- Psychiatry, Hennepin Healthcare Research Institute
“In my free time I enjoy cooking, farmers markets, spending time with my family, and meeting neighborhood dogs.”