Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I always strive to deliver the highest quality care while emphasizing the individual needs of my patients. I am passionate about empowering patients with kidney disease to take control of their lives, including picking treatments that work for them; not the other way around.”
Dr. Maripuri has expertise in all facets of kidney disease. He has a specific interest in chronic kidney disease, including patients on dialysis. He is a strong advocate for home dialysis modalities, including home hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis.
- Maripuri S, Kasiske BL. The role of mycophenolate mofetil in kidney transplantation revisited. Transplant Rev (Orlando). 2014 Jan;28(1):26-31.
- Maripuri S, Ikizler TA, Cavanaugh KL. Prevalence of pre-end-stage renal disease care and associated outcomes among urban, micropolitan, and rural dialysis patients. Am J Nephrol. 2013;37(3):274-80.
- Maripuri S, Arbogast P, Ikizler TA, Cavanaugh KL. Rural and micropolitan residence and mortality in patients on dialysis. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2012 Jul;7(7):1121-9.
- Maripuri S, Penson DF, Ikizler TA, Cavanaugh KL.. Outpatient versus inpatient observation after percutaneous native kidney biopsy: a cost minimization study. Am J Nephrol. 2011;34(1):64-70.
- Maripuri S, Grande JP, Osborn TG, Fervenza FC, Matteson EL, Donadio JV, Hogan MC. Renal involvement in primary Sjögren’s syndrome: a clinicopathologic study. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009 Sep;4(9):1423-31.
- University of Illinois, Urbana and Rockford, IL, USA
- Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
- Nephrology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN, USA
- American Society of Nephrology
- Board certified in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Board certified in Nephrology by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Assistant Professor of Medicine at the University of Minnesota
“I enjoy spending time with my wife and son. We love discovering what the world offers, whether its trying a new cuisine or exploring new cultures through travel.”