Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am passionate about eliminating health inequity through accessible information, patient-centric care coordination, and psychosocial support and advocacy.”
Stacy is a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker who specializes in the psychosocial wellbeing of children and their families who have been impacted by traumatic brain injury. As program coordinator for the Pediatric Brain Injury Program, Stacy is passionate about patient-centered, trauma-informed care and improving access to health information so that patients and families can make informed health decisions and have better outcomes.
- Foster, J; Moore, H; Preussler, JM; Burns, LJ; Hullerman Umar, J; Glotzbecker, B; Johnson, S; MacDougall, H; Mau, LW; Murphy, EA; Ustun, C; Stickney Ferguson, S; Denzen, E. Information Needs for Treatment Decision Making of Hematopoietic Cell Transplant Patients 65 Years or Older and Caregivers. Journal of Cancer Education, March 2019. DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/s13187-019-01506-5
- Preussler, JM; Mau, LW; Majhail, NS; Bevans, M; Clancy, E; Messner, C; Parran, L; Pederson, KA; Stickney Ferguson, S; Walters, K; Murphy, EA; Denzen, EM. Caregiver availability and patient access to hematopoietic cell transplantation: Social worker perspectives inform practice. Journal, Supportive Care in Cancer. February 2019. DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/s00520-019-04696-2
- Idossa L, Mau L-W, Stickney Ferguson S, Denzen E, Murphy E, Moore H. Access to Linguistically Appropriate Information for Blood and Marrow Transplant Patients: Results from Transplant Center Staff Survey. J Cancer Educ. August 2018. DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/s13187-018-1407-8
- Stickney Ferguson, S.; Randall, J.; Dabney, J., Kalbacker, M.E. et al. (2017). Perceived Workforce Challenges among Clinical Social Workers in Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation Programs. Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation. Published online. DOI https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbmt.2017.12.793
- Preussler JM, Mau L-W, Majhail NS, Bevans M, Clancy E, Messner C, Parran L, Pederson KA, Stickney Ferguson S, Walters K, Murphy EA, Denzen EM. Patient housing barriers to hematopoietic cell transplantation: results from a mixed-methods study of transplant center social workers. Supportive Care in Cancer. 2016;24(3):1167-1174. DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/s00520-015-2872-9
- Fairchild, A., Burke, C.G., McCarthy, P.G., Stickney Ferguson, S., Walsh, K. (2015). APOSW and AOSW: Development of Professional Networks. Christ, G., Messner, C. and Behar, L. (Editors.), Handbook of Oncology Social Work: Psychosocial Care for People with Cancer (pp. 751-756). New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
- Omondi NA, Stickney Ferguson S, Majhail NS, et al. Barriers to Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation Clinical Trial Participation of African-American and Black Youth with Sickle Cell Disease and Their Parents. Journal of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology. 2013; 35(4): 289-298. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1097%2FMPH.0b013e31828d5e6a
- Denzen, E. M., Majhail, N. S., Stickney Ferguson, S., Anasetti, C., Bracey, A., Burns, L., … Murphy, E. A. (2013). Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation in 2020: Summary of Year 2 Recommendations of the National Marrow Donor Program’s System Capacity Initiative. Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, 19(1), 4-11. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbmt.2012.10.005
- Majhail, N.S., Murphy, E.A., Denzen, E.M., Stickney Ferguson, S., Anasetti, C., Bracey, A., Burns, L., Champlin, R., Hubbard, N., Markowitz, M., Maziarz, R.T., Medoff, E., Neumann, J., Schmit-Pokorny, K., Weisdorf, D.J., Yolin Raley, D.S., Chell, J., Snyder, E.L. The National Marrow Donor Program’s Symposium on Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation in 2020: A Health Care Resource and Infrastructure Assessment. Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplant, 18(2), 172-182. 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbmt.2011.10.004
- Omondi, N.A., Stickney Ferguson, S., Majhail, N.S., Buchanan, G.R., Haight, A.E., Labotka, R.J., Rizzo, J.D., Murphy, E.A. Barriers to Clinical Trial Participation of African American and Black Youth with Sickle Cell Disease and their Parents. American Journal of Hematology, (10)86, E1–E60. 2011. https://dx.doi.org/10.1097%2FMPH.0b013e31828d5e6a
- Murphy EA, Stickney Ferguson S, Omondi, NA, et al. National Marrow Donor Program’s Symposium on Patient Advocacy in Cellular Transplant Therapy: Addressing Barriers to Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation. Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplant 16(2), 147-156. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbmt.2009.08.004
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker
“In my free time, I enjoy quilting, gardening, traveling and spending time with my family.”