Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am committed to providing compassionate and cutting-edge care to all who are in need.”
Dr. Dunlop has broad training in Emergency Medicine with a special interest in Immigrant Health and Acute Care Systems development and epidemiologic burdens of disease across the globe.
- Kiragu AW, Dunlop SJ, Mwarumba N, Gidado S, Adesina A, Mwachiro M, Gbadero DA, Slusher TM. Pediatric Trauma Care in Low Resource Settings: Challenges, Opportunities, and Solutions. Front Pediatr. June 4, 2018; 6: 155. doi: 10.3389/fped.2018.00155.
- Scott LA, Dunlop SJ, Walz EJ, Wanduragala DM, Thielen BK, Smith ML, Volkman HR, Walker PF, Stauffer WM, Alpern JD. Prescription drug-dispensing limits in the USA-implications for malaria chemoprophylaxis among VFR travelers. J Travel Med. June 1 2018; 25 (1). doi: 10.1093/jtm/tay039.
- Jacquet GA, Umoren RA, Hayward AS, Myers JG, Modi P, Dunlop SJ, Sarfaty S, Hauswald M, Tupesis JP. The Practitioner’s Guide to Global Health: an interactive, online, open-access curriculum preparing medical learners for global health experiences. Med Educ Online. 2018; 23 (1): 1503914. doi: 10.1080/10872981.2018.1503914.
- Wilson P, Myers J, Hunold K, Ekernas K, Wangara AA, Maingi A, Mutiso V, Dunlop S, Martin IBK. Pediatric Emergency Medicine Registry of Kenya (PEMROK): An analysis of acute episodic care and pediatric triage at Kenyatta National Hospital in Nairobi, Kenya. PLOS One. (Submitted July 2017).
- Myers JG, Ekernas K, Wangara A, Maingi A, Hunold K, Mutiso V, Dunlop SJ, Martin, IB. Patient Characteristics of the Accident and Emergency Department of Kenyatta National Hospital, Nairobi, Kenya: A Cross-Sectional, Prospective Analysis. BMJ Open. 7 (10): e014974. (Accepted August 10 2017) doi:10.1136/ bmjopen-2016-014974.
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Emergency Medicine, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- International Emergency Medicine, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- American College of Emergency Medicine
- Society of Academic Emergency Medicine
- African Federation for Emergency Medicine
- Board certified by The American Board of Emergency Medicine
- Faculty, American College of Emergency Medicine
- Certificate, Travel and Tropical Medicine: American Society of Tropical Medicine & Hygiene
- Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine, University of Minnesota
- Past President, The Global Emergency Medicine Academy
- Invited Lecturer in over 10 countries
- Collaborator and Educator: International Organization for Migration
“I enjoy spending time outdoors with my wife and two boys. I also enjoy living and working outside of the country.”