Tina M. Slusher, MD, FAAP
Pediatrics - Critical Care
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am committed to evidence based pediatric care around the globe starting at Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC). I enjoy working with our diverse population.”
Dr. Slusher is a part of the team that takes care of critically ill and injured children at HCMC. Her areas of special interest include severe neonatal jaundice, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment. She brings her expertise in this area to both HCMC and her global research. She also enjoys working with residents and fellows on their particular areas of interest again focusing on projects that provide evidenced based care around the globe.
- Slusher, TM, Vreman, HJ, Olusanya, BO, Wong, RJ, Lund T, Brearly, AM, Vaucher, YE, Stevenson, DK. A Randomized Trial of Filtered Sunlight Phototherapy in Africa. New England Journal of Medicine. Impact Factor 55.873 in 2015 September 17;373(12):1115-1124
- Olusanya BOO, Ogunlesi, TA, Kumar P, Boo NY, Iskander IF, de Almeida MFB, Vaucher YE, Slusher TM.Management of late-term/preterm with hyperbilirubinemia in resource constrained settings. Accepted for publication March 2015 BMC Paediatrics.2015 Apr 12;15(1):39. Impact Factor 1.93 in 2015
- Olusanya BO, Osibanjo FB, Slusher TM.Risk Factors for Severe Neonatal Hyperbilirubinemia in Low and Middle income Factors for Severe Neonatal Hyperbilirubinemia in Low and Middle-income Countries: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. PLoS One. 2015 Feb 12;10(2):e0117229
- Olusanya, BO, Osibanjo, FB, Slusher, TM.Risk Factors for Severe Neonatal Hyperbilirubinemia in Low and Middle-income Countries: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. PLOS ONE. 2015 Feb 12;10(2).
- Ralston ME, Day LT, Slusher TM, Musa NL, Doss HS. Global Pediatric Advanced Life Support: Improving Child Survival in Limited-Resource Settings. Lancet. 2013 Jan 19;381(9862):256-65. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(12)61191-X.
- University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA
- Pediatrics, Oklahoma Children's Memorial Hospital, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
- Pediatrics, Children's Medical Center UTSW, Dallas, TX, USA
- American Academy of Pediatrics and the Section on International Child Health
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Christian Medical and Dental Societies
- Board certified in general pediatrics
- Board certified in pediatric critical care
- Maintenance of certification in pediatric critical care
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota
- George R. Noren HCMC Pediatric Faculty Teaching Award, 2015
“I enjoy traveling around the world primarily in sub Saharan Africa but on occasion trips to Asia taking care of children, teaching and working with awesome international partners in research involving a variety of disease but with a specific focus on severe neonatal jaundice. When have free time, I enjoy walking in nature and reading.”