Tyler Winkelman, MD, MSc
Acute Care, Internal Medicine
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“Everyone deserves high-quality, compassionate care that is personalized to their individual needs and preferences.”
Dr. Winkelman is a board-certified internist and pediatrician, caring for adults and children in outpatient settings. He also has expertise in health policy and public health and conducts research in collaboration with partners locally and across the country.
- Winkelman TNA, Genao I, Wildeman C, Wang EA. ED and Hospital Utilization Among Adolescents With Justice Involvement. Pediatrics. 2017. In press.
- Winkelman TNA, Choi H, Davis MM. The Affordable Care Act, insurance coverage, and health care utilization of previously incarcerated young men (2008-2015). Am J Public Health. 2017;107(5):807-811. DOI: 10.2105/AJPH.2017.303703.
- Winkelman TNA, Frank JW, Binswanger IA, Pinals DA. Health conditions and racial differences among justice-involved adolescents, 2009-2014. Acad Pediatr. 2017;17:723-731. DOI: 10.1016/j.acap.2017.03.003.
- Villapiano NLG, Winkelman TNA, Kozhimannil KB, Davis MM, Patrick SW. Rural and urban differences in neonatal abstinence syndrome and maternal opioid use, 2004 to 2013. JAMA Pediatr. Published online December 12, 2016. doi:10.1001/jamapediatrics.2016.3750.
- Winkelman TNA, Antiel RM, Davey CS, Tilburt JC, Song JY. Medical students and the Affordable Care Act – uninformed and undecided. Arch Intern Med. 2012;172:1603-1605.
- Health Services Research, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Clinical Scholars Program, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Media, Newsletters and Videos
- Health Law Expanded Coverage For Ex-Inmates, But Gaps Remain, 9/19/2016
- Inmates are excluded from Medicaid – here’s why it makes sense to change that, 2/20/2017, Commentary
- Society of General Internal Medicine
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Academy Health
- Assistant Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics, University of Minnesota
- Board-certified in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Board-certified in Pediatrics by the American Board of Pediatrics
- Center for Patient and Provider Excellence (CPPE), Hennepin Healthcare Research Institute
- Best Teacher Award, University of Minnesota Internal Medicine Residency Program 2015
- Arnold P. Gold Foundation Resident Humanism and Excellence in Teaching Award 2014
- Lipkin Award Finalist, Society of General Internal Medicine National Conference, 2016