Vinay Sharma, MD, FAAP
Pediatrics - Neonatal
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I believe that providing the best patient care is a team effort. The family should be an integral part of that team.”
Dr. Sharma is an experienced neonatologist. He is a strong advocate of evidence-based clinical practice and family-centered newborn care. He is a Simulation Facilitator for Neonatal Resuscitation Program Simulation Sessions. He is also part of the Hennepin Healthcare Interdisciplinary Simulation & Education Center.
- Sharma V, Adkisson C, Gupta K. Managing Infants Exposed to Maternal Chorioamnionitis by the Use of Early-Onset Sepsis Calculator. Global Pediatric Health. 2019;6:2333794X19833711.
- Sharma V, Neonatal Intubation Practice and Outcomes: An International Registry Study, Pediatrics (January 2019), https://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/143/1/e20180902.comments#re-recommendations-to-the-author (accessed January 9, 2019).
- Sharma V, Neurodevelopmental Outcomes in Infants with Birth Weight </=500 g at 3 Years of Age, Pediatrics (December, 2018), https://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/142/6/e20174286.comments#re-data-analysis-suggestions (accessed December 7, 2018).
- Sharma V, Delayed Cord Clamping: Ancient Phenomena but New Perspective. Acta Scientific Pediatrics 2018:22-23.
- Sharma V, Lakshminrusimha S, Carrion V, Mathew B. Resuscitator’s perceptions and time for corrective ventilation steps during neonatal resuscitation. Resuscitation. 2015;91:63-6.
- Sharma V, Berkelhamer S, Lakshminrusimha S. Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of the Newborn: Maternal Health, Neonatology and Perinatology. 2015, 1:14.
- Mathew B, Nair J, Swartz D, Ma C, Sharma V, Gugino S, Koenigsknecht C, Lakshminrusimha S. Optimal Heart Rate Cut-Off for Initiation of Chest Compressions during Neonatal Resuscitation. e-journal of Neonatology research, Volume 3, Issue 2, Spring 2013
- Sharma V, Early treatment of acute pyelonephritis in children fails to reduce renal scarring: data from the Italian Renal Infection Study Trials., Pediatrics (November 2008), https://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/122/3/486.comments#results-needs-to-be-qualified (accessed November 5, 2008).
- Sharma V, Respiratory outcome in late childhood after neonatal continuous negative pressure ventilation, Archives of disease in childhood Fetal and neonatal edition, (11 August 2006) https://fn.bmj.com/content/92/1/F19.responses#long-term-benefit-of-cnep-needs-to-be-qualified (accessed May 17, 2007).
- Pandit B.D. Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak, HARYANA, INDIA
- Pediatrics, Flushing Hospital Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
- Pediatrics, Pandit B.D. Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak, HARYANA, INDIA
- Perinatal-Neonatal Medicine, Women and Children Hospital of Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, USA
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Board certified in Pediatrics by the American Board of Pediatrics
- Board certified in Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine by the American Board of Pediatrics
- Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota
“I enjoy running, playing tennis, and spending time with my family.”