Rheumatic diseases are challenging diseases which can be difficult to diagnose and can be extremely restrictive, affecting one’s daily life. At Hennepin Healthcare, we are committed to providing compassionate care to all patients who suffer from rheumatic conditions. Our focus is on keeping your joints, muscles, and bones healthy to regain your independence and continue doing the activities you enjoy the most.
Clinic & Specialty Center - Downtown
- General Rheumatology, please see the list below of commonly treated diseases
- Infusion Center
- Joint, carpal tunnel, and soft tissue injections as well as diagnostic aspirations
- Diagnostic muscle-skeletal ultrasound
- One-on-one medication therapy consultations with a pharmacist
Hennepin Healthcare rheumatologists specialize in diagnosing, treating, and managing all rheumatologic and immunologic disorders.
Some of the conditions we treat include:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Giant Cell Arteritis/Polymyalgia rheumatic
- Gout, pseudogout, and other crystal-associated arthropathies
- Ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis, and other spondyloarthropathies
- Sjogren's syndrome
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (lupus)
- Dermatomyositis, polymyositis, and other inflammatory myopathies.
Musculoskeletal ultrasound is a safe and painless method to aid rheumatologists in diagnosing soft tissue abnormalities that can be otherwise missed on a physical exam. Our rheumatologists are experts in using musculoskeletal ultrasound to assist in diagnosing inflammatory conditions in joints, blood vessels, muscles, tendons, and nerves.