Rheumatologists at Hennepin Healthcare are trained both in internal medicine and rheumatology. Our providers provide state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment of diseases affecting the immune system. They also specialize in preforming joint, tendon sheath and carpal tunnel injections.
- Outpatient consultations
- Outpatient specialty care for patients with chronic rheumatic diseases
- Hospital consultations
- Injection Clinic, providing diagnostic and therapeutic intra-articular and soft tissue injections and aspirations
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound – diagnostic and interventional
Some of the diseases we treat
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Polymyalgia rheumatica
- Giant cell arteritis
- Gout and pseudogout
- Ankylosing spondyloarthritis and other spondyloarthropathies
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Anti-phospholipid syndrome
- Dermatomyositis and polymyositis
- Retroperitoneal fibrosis
Musculoskeletal ultrasound imaging uses sound waves to produce pictures of muscles, tendons, ligaments and joints throughout the body. It can diagnose sprains, strains, tears, and other soft tissue conditions. Ultrasound is safe, noninvasive, and does not use ionizing radiation.
This is a hospital-based clinic owned by Hennepin Healthcare. Many insurance plans pay for health care services provided in a hospital-based clinic differently than those provided in a doctor’s office. Your insurance may require that you meet your annual deductible and/or require that you pay a percentage of the bill rather than just an office visit co-payment. You should check with your insurance company if you have any questions. Read our FAQs about hospital-based clinics to learn more.