Acute Psychiatry Services
Acute Psychiatric Services (APS) provides emergency services, 24 hours a day 7 days a week, to persons experiencing mental health crises including psychosis, depression, violence or suicide, and other crisis situations Clients may present on a walk-in basis or are referred from outside agencies or individuals.
- Assessment and treatment of psychiatric emergencies, primarily directed towards the adult population ages 18 and older. Under urgent circumstances, adolescents ages thirteen and over will be evaluated.
- Walk-in lobby open during the hours of 7am-11pm 7 days a week.
- Crisis intervention and assessments, referrals to primary psychiatric care, chemical dependency treatment, and crisis residence.
- Community consultation and education on crisis intervention.
Our Treatment Team
Our treatment team includes Psychiatrists, Advanced Practice Providers, Nurse Practitioners, Psychiatric Nurses, Mental Health Workers, and Psychiatric Social Workers.
- To provide immediate and around the clock assistance to patients experience mental health crises.
- To prevent development of more serious psychiatric disorders by early identification and intervention.
- To facilitate Inpatient Psychiatry admission when indicated.