I think I'm in labor. Where do I go?
Keeping you safe
We are doing our best to keep everyone safe. This means making sure you have the least possible exposure to COVID-19. We have special entrances if you are pregnant.
Reasons you need to come in
Here are some reasons you need to come to the hospital:
- Normal labor
- Water breaking or leaking from the vagina
- Baby moving less than normal
- Induce labor
Here are some reasons to come in an emergency:
- The baby’s head is coming, you need to push now!
- Heavy vaginal bleeding that soaks pads
- Worst headache ever
- Trouble breathing
- Throwing up that won’t stop
- Loose stools that won’t stop
Call us before you come
- Call the nurse at 612-873-4104
- The nurse will ask how you are feeling.
- The nurse will tell you where to go.
- If the nurse says go to the Blue Building, go to: 913 7th Street
- If the nurse says go to the Red Building, go to: 900 South 8th Street, Emergency Room
- Tell the staff person at the door who told you to come and why you are there.