Discounted Care for Eligible Patients
As part of our mission to ensure access to health care for all, Hennepin County Medical Center provides discounted care to eligible patients and families through a financial assistance program called Hennepin Care.
Hennepin Care Program
If you are not eligible for coverage through the MNsure marketplace, you may qualify for Hennepin Care Program.
Hennepin Care provides a range of discounts on care based on your family size and annual household income. The Hennepin Care program is NOT health insurance. The discounts you receive on care are only available at HCMC. Hennepin Care covers most health care services.
Everyone on the Hennepin Care program is responsible for a co-payment at the time of service. If you do not make the required co-payments, we may need to reduce your discount or reschedule your upcoming clinic visit(s).
Outpatient Clinic Visit: $10.00
Prescriptions: $1.00 generic $3.00 brand
Emergency Department: $30.00
Inpatient Hospital Visit: $200.00
Urgent Care: $15.00
Hennepin Care for Non-Hennepin County Residents (Excluding International patients)
Hennepin County Medical Center is proud to offer discounts for non-Hennepin County residents This program is part of our financial assistance program called Hennepin Care.
Discounts for Non-Hennepin County Residents
0% to 100% FPL, 90% discount from charge
101% to 125% FPL, 80% discount from charge
126% to 200% FPL, 65% discount from charge
201% FPL and above, 52% discount from charge
International patients,10% discount from charge
Dentistry, $50 down payment
Pharmacy, List price
* Not all services will be discounted and some services may have a different copayment.
If You Don't Qualify
If you do not have health insurance coverage and do not qualify for our Hennepin Care discount program due to your income level, you will be eligible for the Self-Pay Discount. This discount is available to all uninsured patients who are paying directly for their healthcare services. Patients on this program are required to pay an estimated payment or self-pay deposit prior to or at the time of service and are billed at a discounted amount for any additional charges. This discount will be applied automatically and may vary depending on the location of your service. Please contact our Customer Service Department at 612-873-3073 for more information.
Hennepin Care Eligibility Guidelines
- Before being approved for Hennepin Care, you must apply for all available coverage using our financial counseling services.
- Your assets must be no greater than $3,000 for individuals or $6,000 for families to qualify for a discount of inpatient charges.
- Your annual family income must not exceed a certain amount for your family size. See tables below. As part of the application process for Hennepin Care, adjustments may be made to the maximum income level based upon your current medical debt.
- If you do not make the required co-payments, you may be dis-enrolled from the program.
Hennepin Care Maximum Income Levels
Please note: These income levels apply to Hennepin County residents only. If you live outside of Hennepin County, you may have different income level requirements.
- Family size: 1, Monthly income: $3,015.00
Annual income: $36,180.00
- Family size: 2, Monthly income: $4,060.00
Annual income: $48,720.00
- Family size: 3, Monthly income: $5,105.00
Annual income: $61,260.00
- Family size: 4, Monthly income: $6,150.00
Annual income: $73,800.00
- Family size: 5, Monthly income: $7,195.00
Annual income: $86,340.00
- Family size: 6, Monthly income: $8,240.00
Annual income: $98,880.00
- Family size: 7, Monthly income: $9,285.00
Annual income: $111,420.00
- Family size: 8, Monthly income: $10,330.00
Annual income: $123,960.00
Enrolling in Hennepin Care
To enroll in Hennepin Care, you must meet with a financial counselor and complete an online application. We will first perform a financial assistance screening to determine if any outside forms of assistance, such as a public health care program, are available to you. Once enrolled in Hennepin Care, you will be asked to renew your application every year. This application is also available in four additional languages.