Hennepin Nursing Alumni Society
About the Nursing Alumni Society
The Hennepin Nursing Alumni Society was established in Spring 2021. The purpose of this affinity group is to create a spirited forum for camaraderie, connection, and philanthropy among former Hennepin Healthcare nurses to support Hennepin nursing and the mission of the organization.
The purpose of the Hennepin Nursing Alumni Society is to:
- Enhance the image of professional nursing.
- Provide a social forum that supports former Hennepin Nurses to stay connected personally & professionally.
- Preserve the history of Hennepin nursing through storytelling and celebration.
- Establish a tradition of nursing philanthropy with opportunities to “give back” in areas such as education, scholarships and endowment.
- Co-create a Hennepin Nurse Mentorship program.
- Maintain a connection with nurse alumni and the mission of Hennepin Healthcare.
Sponsors: Hennepin Healthcare & Hennepin Healthcare Foundation
Kelly White, CNO
Robin Hoppenrath, Foundation
Mary Ellen Bennett
Carol Ann Smith
Membership and Schedule
This affinity group creates an intentional membership, modeling the power of generosity in action. Registered HNAS members will receive communications from Hennepin Healthcare Foundation about current programs and initiatives in addition to HNAS information. Members are former Hennepin Healthcare nurses. Includes all nurses – LPN, RN, and Advance Practice nurses.
- Support recruitment of new members.
- Actively participate in meetings to achieve goals of the group, focusing on areas of interest.
- Model support for philanthropic goals of the Hennepin Nursing Alumni Society through giving, as ability and interest allows.
- Hennepin Nursing Alumni Society will meet 2-4 times per year based on direction from Advisory Group.
- Hennepin Nursing Alumni Advisory will meet 3 times per year or as needed to advance the charter and plan meetings/events for society members.
- This group will pause for the remainder of 2021. We will reset for Q1 2022 with a renewal theme. Please stay tuned!