Hennepin Nursing Alumni Society
About the Nursing Alumni Society
The Hennepin Nursing Alumni Society was established in Spring 2021. The purpose of this giving circle is to create a spirited forum for camaraderie, connection, and philanthropy among former Hennepin Healthcare nurses to support Hennepin nursing and the mission of the organization.
The intentions of the Hennepin Nursing Alumni Society are to:
- Enhance the image of professional nursing.
- Provide a social forum that supports former Hennepin Nurses to stay connected personally & professionally.
- Preserve the history of Hennepin nursing through storytelling and celebration.
- Establish a tradition of nursing philanthropy with opportunities to “give back” in areas such as education, scholarships and endowment.
- Co-create a Hennepin Nurse Mentorship program.
Sponsors: Hennepin Healthcare & Hennepin Healthcare Foundation
Kelly White, CNO
Robin Hoppenrath, Foundation
Mary Ellen Bennett
Carol Ann Smith
Membership and Schedule
This specific donor community creates an intentional membership, modeling the power of generosity in action. Members are former Hennepin Healthcare nurses. Includes all nurses – LPN, RN and Advance Practice nurses.
- Support recruitment of new members.
- Actively participate in meetings to achieve goals of the group, focusing on areas of interest.
- Model support for philanthropic goals of the Hennepin Nursing Alumni Society through giving, as ability and interest allows.
- Hennepin Nursing Alumni Society will meet quarterly: February, May, August and November.
- Hennepin Nursing Alumni Advisory will meet January, April, June, July and October.