Calling All Makers
We are blessed with an abundance of donations. Please contact us first to learn if we can accept your donation at [email protected]
Homemade gifts make a difference in the lives of our patients! Seasonal donations, such as blankets, quilts, hats and special need items are gifts that serve many areas on campus. We are always grateful for these donations.
A few examples of basic needs:
- Adult hats for patients receiving cancer treatments. See chemo headwear pattern.
- Knitted hats for babies in the NICU. Especially welcome are holiday or animal themed hats to provide to families when they depart for home.
- Blankets or quilts for Pediatrics, Spiritual Care, Hospice and Cancer Center (fleece is especially appreciated). Lap-sized ones are perfect for wheelchair use.
- Fabric hearts for NICU, 4x4 inches in felt or cotton.
- Hand-made 'surgery dolls' for our Child Life Specialists. The dolls help young patients understand where their surgery will occur and what to expect for recovery and treatment. See surgery doll pattern.
- Pack and plays, Halo sleep sacks and swaddlers.
Please note that Hennepin Healthcare is a designated National Safe Sleep Certified Hospital and nothing can be in a crib in the hospital, aside from the baby in a sleep sack or swaddle and a crib sheet, until 12 months of age.
Fabric Masks no longer accepted: We appreciate the thought, but we cannot accept cloth mask donations since they do not provide the same level of protection/source control as a health care grade mask will.
Items can be mailed to:
Hennepin Healthcare Foundation, 701 Park Avenue, S8, Minneapolis, MN 55415
Questions? Please contact [email protected]
Volunteer time creating homemade items may qualify for a match by your employer. Check with your HR department. If needed, our tax identification number is 41-0845733.
Thank you to the women of Excelsior Masonic Lodge, Eastern Star Chapter. They donated 43 blankets, 75 stuffed bears, 400 felt hearts and nine lap robes - all handmade with love. These cozy items bring comfort to our youngest patients.
A Note About Food Donations
We appreciate the gestures of food donations as a way to boost the spirits of our committed team members. Most people don't realize how large we are with over 7,000 team members, filling three shifts over 24 hours, every day. To make even a small impact, we consider donations at or above 200 items. Please contact us to learn if we can accept your generosity.
We cannot accept any hot items, items requiring refrigeration, buffet style serving or homemade food.
If you have questions or would like to discuss a potential donation, please contact us at: [email protected].