Amy Saenger, PhD, DABCC
Laboratory Medicine & Pathology
Dr. Saenger is the Medical Director of the Clinical Laboratories, Clinical Chemistry, and Point of Care Testing. She has particular interest and expertise in the area of cardiovascular biomarkers, diabetes, and lipids/lipoproteins. Dr. Saenger also is the Director of the ComACC-accredited clinical chemistry fellowship program at HCMC, actively training fellows, residents, and medical students.
- Xiong-Hang K, Schulz K, Sandoval Y, Smith SW, Saenger AK, Apple FS. Analytical performance comparing siemens whole blood point of care Atellica VTLi to the central laboratory plasma Atellica IM high-sensitivity cardiac troponin I assays. Clin Biochem. 2023 Apr;114:79-85. doi: 10.1016/j.clinbiochem.2023.02.004. PMID: 36780933.
- Collinson P, Aakre KM, Saenger A, Body R, Hammarsten O, Jaffe AS, Kavsak P, Omland T, Ordonez-Lianos J, Karon B, Apple FS. Cardiac troponin measurement at the point of care: educational recommendations on analytical and clinical aspects by the IFCC Committee on Clinical Applications of Cardiac Bio-Markers (IFCC C-CB). Clin Chem Lab Med. 2023 Jan 16. doi: 10.1515/cclm-2022-1270. PMID: 36637984.
- Greene DN, Schmidt RL, Christenson RH, Rongitsch J, Imborek KL, Rebuck H, Lorey TS, Saenger AK, Krasowski MD. Distribution of High-Sensitivity Cardiac Troponin and N-Terminal Pro-Brain Natriuretic Peptide in Healthy Transgender People. JAMA Cardiol. 2022 Nov 1;7(11):1170-1174.
- Aakre KM, Saenger AK, Body R, Collinson P, Hammarsten O, Jaffe A, Kavsak P, Omland T, Ordonez-Llanos J, Apple FS. Analytical Considerations in Deriving 99th Percentile Upper Reference Limits for High-Sensitivity Cardiac Troponin Assays: Educational Recommendations from the IFCC Committee on Clinical Application of Cardiac Bio-Markers. Clinical Chemistry. 2022;68(8):1022-1030. doi: 10.1093/clinchem/hvac092. PMID: 35716089
- Saenger AK, Jaffe AS, Body R, Collinson PO, Kavsak PA, Lam CSP, Lefèvre G, Omland T, Ordóñez-Llanos J, Pulkki K, Apple FS. Cardiac troponin and natriuretic peptide analytical interferences from hemolysis and biotin: educational aids from the IFCC Committee on Cardiac Biomarkers (IFCC C-CB). Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine. 2019;57(5):633-640. doi: 10.1515/cclm-2018-0905. PMID: 30291783
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Clinical Chemistry, University of Washington, WA, USA
- Association for Diagnostics & Laboratory Medicine
- International Federation of Clinical Chemistry & Laboratory Medicine
- College of American Pathologists
- Professor, Department of Laboratory Medicine & Pathology, University of Minnesota Medical School
- Board certification, American Board of Clinical Chemistry
- Doctorate, Analytical Chemistry
- Fellow, Association for Diagnostics & Laboratory Medicine