Dr. Schmidt is a board-certified Orthopaedic Surgeon who specializes in orthopaedic trauma and in adult reconstructive orthopaedics. His practice is focused on fracture care and total hip and knee replacement. Dr. Schmidt has practiced at Hennepin Healthcare for over 25 years.
Over 95 published papers, the most recent are:
- Schmidt AH, Osborn COL P, Johnson AJ, et al. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Management of Acute Compartment Syndrome Clinical Practice Guideline. www.aaos.org/acsguideline. Published December 7, 2018.
- Schmidt AH. Problems in plating periprosthetic fractures. Injury 2018; 49(S1):S49-S50.
- Schmidt AH, Bosse MJ, Obremskey WT, et al. Continuous Near-Infrared Spectroscopy Demonstrates Limitations in Monitoring the Development of Acute Compartment Syndrome in Patients with Leg Injuries. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2018;100:1645-52.
- Stinner D, Johnson AE, Pollak A, MacKenzie E, Ficke JR, Mabry RL, Czarnik J, Schmidt A. ‘Zero Preventable Deaths and Minimizing Disability’ – The challenge set forth by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. J Orthop Trauma 2017;31:e110-e115.
- Manson T, Schmidt AH. Acetabular Fractures in the Elderly: A Critical Analysis Review. JBJS Reviews 2016;4(10);e1.
- Jones CB, Schmidt AH. Trauma Center Growth in the United States-A Plea for Planning and Oversight. J Orthop Trauma 2016; 30(10):523-524.
- University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA
- Orthopedic Surgery, Oregon Health & Sciences University, Portland, OR, USA
- Total Joint Replacement, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Association
- Active member and Past President, Orthopaedic Trauma Association
- Board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- MPLS/St. Paul Magazine Top Doctor, multiple years
- Past-President of Orthopaedic Trauma Association and Minnesota Orthopaedic Society
- Visiting Scholar, Landstuhl Regional Medical Center, Germany, July 2010