Dr. Schmidt graduated from the University of California, San Diego, CA. He completed both his internship in General Surgery and residency in Orthopedics and Rehabilitation at Oregon Health Sciences University in Portland, Oregon.
Dr. Schmidt is the co-editor of Surgical Treatment of Orthopaedic Trauma, awarded the best text in Clinical Medicine in 2007 by the American Association of Publishers.
- University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA
- Orthopedics and Rehabilitation, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, OR, USA
- Total Joint Replacement, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association
- Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Minnesota
- Medical Services Review Board, Minnesota Department of Labor and Industries
- Board certified in orthopedic surgery
- Director of Orthopaedic Research, Hennepin Healthcare
- Chairman, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Hennepin Healthcare
- Top Doctors, Mpls/St. Paul Magazine, 2018