Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I live by the motto, “To whom much is given, much will be required.” (Luke 12:48) I am a humanitarian, a compassionate physician who makes no distinction in the face of suffering on grounds of gender, religion, nationality or color. I grew up in an impoverished country, and because of that I have been drawn to help others who are less fortunate. Being trilingual in Spanish, German and English, I am often called upon to help interpret on behalf of patients and their families.”
Dr. Knoll’s expertise lies within the field of neuroradiology, with special expertise in head and neck disorders and the imaging of neurotrauma and emergency radiology. In addition, she is frequently sought out by medical professionals from Latin American countries for a second opinion on complex cases, both because of her expertise and her native tongue: Spanish.
- Universidad Central De Venezuela, CARACAS, VENEZUELA
- Diagnostic Radiology, Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL, USA
- ER / Trauma Radiology, University of Miami, Miami, FL, USA
- Neuroradiology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- American Society of Neuroradiology
- American College of Radiology
- Radiological Society of North America
- Subspecialty Board Certification of Added Qualifications in Neuroradiology by the American Board of Radiology
- Board certified in Diagnostic Radiology by the American Board of Radiology
- Assistant Professor of Radiology, University of Minnesota
- Tropical medicine, Yanomami Indians, Amazon region, Venezuela: organized, directed and completed a project of collecting funds for the purchase of Portable Dental Equipment for Dentistry Students, who were able to provide services to the most impoverished communities in the Amazon Region of Southern Venezuela. Funds were obtained from different embassies such as the German and Dutch embassies. Services were organized through the Dentistry School of the Central University of Venezuela. Provided the strategies for the creation of rural rotations for dentistry students in their last year of training in the Amazon region.
- Board advisor to Link to Bloom, a non-profit that helps, advises and empowers women in need
“I am an advocate for animal rights, involved in animal rescue and rehabilitation.”