Dr. Schenck has been a staff psychiatrist at Hennepin Healthcare since 1981 and practices at the Minnesota Regional Sleep Disorders Center. He is also a professor at the University of Minnesota.
- State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, USA
- Psychiatry, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Co-Chairman, Parasomnias Committee for the International Classification of Sleep Disorders
- AASM Nosology Committee
- AASM Movement Disorders Task Force
- Published several books and articles
- Participated in a documentary film on Parasomnias