Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“While I strive to provide evidence-based and guideline-consistent care in the management of acute/ chronic illness and preventive care, I also take pride in emphasizing patient needs and tailoring the treatment plans that work best for patients.”
Dr. Cherukuri is passionate about understanding the impact of sleep disturbances on various comorbid medical conditions and vice versa. Moving forward, he would like to better understand the impact of sleep disturbances in the outcomes of pregnancy and also the influence of sleep on cognitive impairment in older adults.
As a faculty member in a resident training program, he enjoys teaching in various settings – inpatient, clinic, and nursing home. Dr. Cherukuri strongly believes that training medical students and residents on various sleep disorders and its impact on health could make these future frontline caregivers more vigilant in recognizing sleep disorders in the evolution of a patient, which may help prevent/manage multiple medical and mental health co-morbidities.
- Cherukuri, C., Bachmanov, A., McCaughey, S.A. A/J and C57BL/6J mice differ in chorda tympani responses to NaCl. Neuroscience Research Journal. 2013 Apr; 75(4): 283-288.
- Cherukuri, C., Tordoff, M.G., McCaughey, S.A. Taste solution preferences and chorda tympani nerve responses in PWD/PHJandC57BL/6J mice. Physiology and Behavior Journal. 2011 Mar; 102(5): 496-502.
- Mamata Medical College, Khammam, INDIA
- Family Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Geriatric Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Minnesota Academy of Family Physicians
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American Geriatric Society
- Board Certified in Family Medicine
- Board Certified in Geriatric Medicine
- Board Certified in Sleep Medicine
- Assistant Professor of Family Medicine
- Masters in Physiology and Health Science
- Outstanding Faculty Teacher Award, Hennepin County Medical Center Family Medicine Residency Training Program, 2017
- Family Medicine Resident Teacher of the Year, Hennepin County Medical Center, 2014
- Eldon Berglund Award for Outstanding Family Medicine Resident of the Year
- Professional demeanor and abiding concern for the welfare of patients, Hennepin County Medical Center, 2014
“I enjoy spending time with family, traveling, listening to music and watching movies.”