Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“One of the great parts of clinical practice is hearing the stories of pediatric patients. By listening carefully to families and patients, I can better understand them and their needs. And that helps me find the best way to care for our pediatric patients.”
Dr. Nordgaard is a board-certified pediatrician. He practices primary care pediatrics and also cares for newborns in the hospital after delivery. Dr. Nordgaard enjoys caring for babies, children, and adolescents. He has a special interest in environmental health and how the environment around us can either help to either improve our health or contribute to health problems.
- Nordgaard CL, Jaeger JM, Goldman J, Shonkoff SBC, Michanowicz DR. (2022). Hazardous air pollutants in transmission pipeline natural gas: An analytic assessment. Env Res Lett. 17 104032.
- Michanowicz, DR, Dayalu A, Nordgaard CL, Buonocore JJ, Fairchild MW, Ackley R, Schiff JE, Liu A, Phillips NG, Schulman A, Magavi Z, Spengler JD. (2022). Home is where the pipeline ends: Characterization of volatile organic compounds in natural gas at the point of the residential end user. Env Sci Technol 56 10258-10268.
- Feigal J, Park B, Bramante C, Nordgaard C, Menk J, Song J. (2014). Homelessness and discharge delays from an urban safety net hospital. Public Health.
- Filice GA, Drekonja DM, Thurn JR, Rector TS, Hamann GM, Masoud BT, Leuck AM, Nordgaard CL, Eilertson MK, Johnson JR. (2013). Use of a computer decision support system and antimicrobial therapy appropriateness. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 34 558-65.
- Karunadharma PP, Nordgaard CL, Olsen TW, Ferrington DA. (2010). Mitochondrial DNA damage as a potential mechanism for age-related macular degeneration. Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science 51 5470-5479.
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Pediatrics, Boston University School of Medicine and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
- Board-certified in Pediatrics by the American Board of Pediatrics
- Master of Science in Biology
- Master of Science in Psychology
- Healthy Kids Hero Award: Safeguarding Children and Communities
- Science for the Benefit of Environmental Health Award, Toxics Action Center, and Boston University Superfund Research Program
- Victor Tesoriero & Monica Oglesby Award for Outstanding Contribution to Community Pediatrics
“Outside of the clinic, I spend time working on environmental health and energy problems. I also enjoy spending time with my children in the outdoors and helping them appreciate nature.”