Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I believe the best health outcomes are achieved when a patient and physician collaborate on a plan of care. Patient preferences are very important to me in determining healthcare goals and treatments.”
Dr. Dahl is interested in all aspects of kidney care. In particular, his practice is focused on kidney transplantation, hemodialysis, and peritoneal dialysis.
- Xue JL, Dahl D, Ebben JP, Collins AJ. The association of initial hemodialysis access type with mortality outcomes in elderly Medicare ESRD patients. Am. J. Kidney Dis. 2003; 42(5):1013.
- O’Shaughnessy EA, Dahl DC, Smith CL, Kasiske BL. Risk factors for fractures in kidney transplantation Transplantation 2002; 74(3):362.
- Dahl DC, Tsao T, Rabkin R. Ammonium chloride increases kidney cell protein content. Miner Electrolyte Metab. 1992; 18:104.
- Rabkin R, Dahl DC. Factors controlling intracellular protein turnover in the kidney. Semin. Nephrol. 1990; 10:472.
- Dahl DC, Tsao T, Duckworth WC, Mahoney MJ, Rabkin R. Retroendocytosis of insulin in a cultured kidney cell line. Am. J. Physiol. 1989; 257:C190.
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Chief Resident, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Internal Medicine, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Nephrology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Board Certified in Nephrology
“I enjoy reading history, novels, and short stories.”