Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am committed to providing patient-centered care to all ages with expertise, compassion, and understanding. I feel fortunate to have the opportunity to practice neuropsychology in a community-based setting which serves patients from diverse cultural and personal backgrounds.”
Dr. Tupper is a Neuropsychologist. His clinical interests include children and adults with head injuries and executive impairment from frontal lobe lesions. His research interests include cross-cultural approaches to neuropsychological assessment, cognitive consequences of medical disorders, motor dysfunction and assessment, and subtle neuropsychological deficiencies in children with suspected learning and other neurocognitive disorders. Dr. Tupper also has an active role in the Brain Injury Research Lab.
- Burns CM, Knopman DS, Tupper DE, Davey CS, Slinin YM, Lakshminarayan K, Rossom RC, Pederson SL, Gilbertson DT, Murray AM. Prevalence and Risk of Severe Cognitive Impairment in Advanced Chronic Kidney Disease. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2018 Mar 2;73(3):393-399. doi: 10.1093/gerona/glx241.
- Bin Zahid A, Hubbard ME, Dammavalam VM, Balser DY, Pierre G, Kim A, Kolecki R, Mehmood T, Wall SP, Frangos SG, Huang PP, Tupper DE, Barr W, Samadani U. Appl Neuropsychol Adult. 2018 Mar-Apr;25(2):110-119. Assessment of acute head injury in an emergency department population using sport concussion assessment tool – 3rd edition. doi: 10.1080/23279095.2016.1248765. Epub 2016 Nov 17.
- Murray AM, Bell EJ, Tupper DE, Davey CS, Pederson SL, Amiot EM, Miley KM, McPherson L, Heubner BM, Gilbertson DT, Foley RN, Drawz PE, Slinin Y, Rossom RC, Lakshminarayan K, Vemuri P, Jack CR, Knopman DS. The Brain in Kidney Disease (BRINK) Cohort Study: Design and Baseline Cognitive Function. Am J Kidney Dis. 2016 Apr;67(4):593-600. doi: 10.1053/j.ajkd.2015.11.008. Epub 2015 Dec 29.
- Frascone RJ, Wayne MA, Swor RA, Mahoney BD, Domeier RM, Olinger ML, Tupper DE, Setum CM, Burkhart N, Klann L, Salzman JG, Wewerka SS, Yannopoulos D, Lurie KG, O’Neil BJ, Holcomb RG, Aufderheide TP. Treatment of non-traumatic out-of-hospital cardiac arrest with active compression decompression cardiopulmonary resuscitation plus an impedance threshold device. Resuscitation. 2013 Sep;84(9):1214-22. doi: 10.1016/j.resuscitation.2013.05.002. Epub 2013 May 10.
- Yannopoulos D, Aufderheide TP, Frascone RJ, Wayne MA, Mahoney BD, Swor RA, Domeier RM, Olinger ML, Holcomb RG, Tupper DE. Milestones in treatment: the tipping point and the ResQ Trial. Lancet. 2011 Jun 18;377(9783):2081-2; author reply 2082-3. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(11)60914-8.
For additional publications, please visit PubMed.org.
- American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology
- American Psychological Association
- International Neuropsychological Society
- National Academy of Neuropsychology
- Society for Cognitive Rehabilitation
- Board-certified in Clinical Neuropsychology
- Doctoral degree in Neuropsychology, University of Victoria
- Certified in Pediatric Clinical Neuropsychology by the American Board of Professional Psychology
- Member, HCMC/MMRF Human Subjects Research Committee
- Professor, Department of Neurology, University of Minnesota Medical School