Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“All patients are people. I try to provide coverage to each as if they were someone I cared for greatly. Am I perfect? No, but I try.”
Although family medicine is often thought of as a field without expertise, Dr. Councilman is often considered a good provider for adults with mental and developmental disabilities, especially those living in group settings, but trying to remain independent as much as possible.
- Councilman, DL, Caring for Adults with Mental Disabilities. Postgraduate Medicine. Volume 106, Issue 6. 1999.
- Washington University, St. Louis, MO, USA
- Family Medicine, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- American Academy of Family Practice
- Board certified by the American Board of Family Medicine
“Outside of work, I enjoy family time and am very proud of my wife and two college aged children. My wife and I enjoy birdwatching, gardening, and caring for our home full of pets. I am also greatly motivated to work for environmental changes on a personal and professional level.”