Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I believe in taking a collaborative approach to care, working closely with patients and their families to ensure that treatment plans align with individual goals and preferences. I am committed to staying at the forefront of surgical techniques and technologies to provide the highest level of care to every patient. I look forward to serving our community to the best of my abilities every day.”
Dr. Lumbard is certified by the American Board of Surgery in General Surgery and Surgical Critical Care. He is focused on advancing the use of Robotics for general surgery procedures. His current research interests include violence and injury prevention, firearm injury outcomes, predictive modeling of injury outcomes, and improving care for the critically injured.
- Lumbard DC, Nygaard RM, Richardson CJ, Liao LF, Stewart RM, Eastridge BJ, Nicholson SN. Burden of unintentional pediatric firearm injury: an examination of the Nationwide Readmission Database. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2023.
- Ciaraglia A, Oh T, Barry L, Lumbard DC, Deschner B, Jenkins D, Eastridge B, Stewart RM, Liao L, Nicholson S. The effects of hypocalcemia in severely injured pediatric trauma patients. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2023 Feb; ()10.1097.
- Lumbard DC, Marek AP, Endorf FW, Richardson CJ, Nygaard RM. Firearm trauma: race and insurance influence mortality and discharge disposition. Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery. 2022 June 92(6)1005-1011.
- Lumbard DC, Marek AP, Roetker NS, Richardson CJ, Nygaard, RM. Comparing firearm and stabbing injuries in the pediatric trauma population using propensity matching. Pediatric Emergency Care. 2022 April;38(4):147-152.
- Lumbard DC, Lacey AM, Endorf FW, Gayken JR, Fey RM, Schmitz KR, Deisler RF, Calcaterra D, Prekker ME, Nygaard RM. Severe hypothermia and frostbite requiring ECMO and four limb amputations. J Burn Care Res. 2020 Nov 30; 41(6):1301-1303.
- Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
- General Surgery, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Surgical Critical Care, UT Health San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, USA
- Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma
- American Association for the Surgery of Trauma
- Minnesota Committee on Trauma (ACS-COT)
- Minnesota Surgical Society
- American College of Surgeons
- Board-certified in General Surgery by the American Board of Surgery
- Board-certified in Surgical Critical Care by the American Board of Surgery
- Adjunct Assistant Professor in Trauma Surgery, University of Texas Health, San Antonio
- Gold Humanism Award, Medical College of Wisconsin, 2016
- Chief Administrative Resident, Hennepin Healthcare, 2021
- Surgery Resident Teaching Award, Hennepin Healthcare, 2021
- Humanism and Excellence in Teaching award, Hennepin Healthcare, 2021
“In my free time, I enjoy playing soccer, biking, watching MN United FC, and spending time with my family.”