Elena Fisher, MS, CGC
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I work alongside maternal-fetal medicine physicians, ultrasound technologists, nurses, and other important members of the team to provide patients with the best possible pregnancy experience. I am committed to always listening to patients and ensuring families’ wishes are honored.”
Elena is a licensed, certified genetic counselor who specializes in the care of pregnant patients and those considering pregnancy. Her role in the Maternal-Fetal Medicine clinic is to empower patients to understand and make decisions about screening and testing options during pregnancy. She provides information about genetic testing options in pregnancy, reviews risks to the pregnancy based on family history and other factors, and helps support individuals when unexpected findings occur. She previously worked as a pediatric genetic counselor in Washington State, with a special interest in neurodevelopmental differences, cystic fibrosis, and adult cardiology.
- Fisher, E. R., Pratt, R., Esch, R., Kocher, M., Wilson, K., Lee, W., & Zierhut, H. A. (2020). The role of race and ethnicity in views toward and participation in genetic studies and precision medicine research in the United States: A systematic review of qualitative and quantitative studies. Molecular Genetics & Genomic Medicine, 8(2), e1099.
- National Society of Genetic Counselors
- Minnesota Genetic Counseling Association
- Master of Science in Genetic Counseling, University of Minnesota
- Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences, Missouri University of Science and Technology
- Certified Genetic Counselor, American Board of Genetic Counseling
- Licensed Genetic Counselor, Minnesota Board of Medical Practice
“I am passionate about health equity and ensuring all communities have equal access to genetics services. In my free time, I enjoy reading books, being outside, and playing with my cats.”