Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am committed to providing personalized care to my patients. There is rarely a one size fits all solution. I believe in working collaboratively to determine the best approach to managing each person’s unique concerns.”
Dr. Heegaard is a gynecologic surgeon, whose surgical practice has been at the forefront of minimally invasive gynecologic surgery for over two decades. He was one of the first gynecologists in Minnesota credentialed to use the DaVinci robot, and has performed approximately 1,000 robot surgeries. His clinical practice is focused primarily on the evaluation and surgical management of pelvic pain and endometriosis.
- University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA, USA
- Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Media, Newsletters and Videos
- Cohost and Creator of The Endocast, a podcast focusing on many dimensions of living with and treating endometriosis. The Endocast is produced by Matriarch Digital Media, and can be heard on Apple podcasts, Spotify and other outlets.
- Cohost and Creator of The Gynocast, a podcast focused on women’s health. The Gynocast is produced by Matriarch Digital Media, and can be heard on Apple podcasts, Spotify and other outlets.
- Host and Creator of the Gyno Show, which aired live on My Talk 107.1 radio from 2008-2016. This weekly call-in radio show discussed all aspects of women’s health in an entertaining, yet informative manner.
- Healthy Matters with Dr. David Hilden WCCO Radio 7/28/2019 – featured guest discussing Endometriosis
- American Associate of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- American Society of Reproductive Medicine
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Minnesota Monthly – voted Best Doctor for Women
“I grew up in the rural hamlet of Alexandria, Minnesota. My father was a general practitioner who loved practicing medicine, and inspired me to study medicine. I am married and have two children of my own, and two stepsons. When not working, I can be found pouring over contemporary and historic cookbooks, and trying to make something edible with my beloved cast iron pans.”