Dr. Mirick Mueller has specialty training in surgical and non-surgical fracture care of the extremities as well as the pelvis, including pediatrics. She has an interest in bone health and nutrition as well as orthopaedic infections and non-unions/malunions.
- Collinge C, Tornetta P, Obremskey W, Ahn J, Mirick GE, Schmidt AH, Spitler C, Coles C, Krause PC. Acute Compartment Syndrome: An Expert Survey of Orthopedic Trauma Association (OTA) Members. J Ortho TraumaI. Accepted for publication in 2018.
- Corporate Authorship on METC Publications in 2017 Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma Supplement
- BIOBURDEN: Assessment of Severe Extremity Wound Bioburden at the Time of Definitive Wound Closure or Coverage: Correlation With Subsequent Post-closure Deep Wound Infection.J Orthop Trauma. 2017 Apr;31 Suppl 1:S3-S9.
- FIXIT: A Prospective Randomized Trial to Assess Fixation Strategies for Severe Open Tibia Fractures: Modern Ring External Fixators Versus Internal Fixation.J Orthop Trauma. 2017 Apr;31 Suppl 1:S10-S17.
- OXYGEN: Supplemental Perioperative Oxygen to Reduce Surgical Site Infection After High-Energy Fracture Surgery.J Orthop Trauma. 2017 Apr;31 Suppl 1:S25-S31.
- POvIV: A Prospective Randomized Trial to Assess Oral Versus Intravenous Antibiotics for the Treatment of Postoperative Wound Infection After Extremity Fractures (POvIV Study).J Orthop Trauma. 2017 Apr;31 Suppl 1:S32-S38.
- PACS: Predicting Acute Compartment Syndrome: The Role of Continuous Monitoring.J Orthop Trauma. 2017 Apr;31 Suppl 1:S40-S47.
- OUTLET: Outcomes After Severe Distal Tibia, Ankle, and/or Foot Trauma: Comparison of Limb Salvage Versus Transtibial Amputation.J Orthop Trauma. 2017 Apr;31 Suppl 1:S48-S55.
- TAOS: Comparing Transtibial Amputation With and Without a Tibiofibular Synostosis (Ertl) Procedure.J Orthop Trauma. 2017 Apr;31 Suppl 1:S63-S69.
- PAIN: Improving Pain Management and Long-Term Outcomes Following High-Energy Orthopaedic Trauma.J Orthop Trauma. 2017 Apr;31 Suppl 1:S71-S77.
- TCCS: The Trauma Collaborative Care Study.J Orthop Trauma. 2017 Apr;31 Suppl 1:S78-S87.
- Marmor M, Mirick GE, Matityahu A. Screw Stripping After Repeated Cortical Screw Insertion—Can We Trust the Cancellous “Bailout” Screw? J Ortho Trauma. 2016;30(12):682-686.
- Oetgen ME, Mirick GE, Atwater L, Lovejoy JF. Complications and predictors of need for return to the operating room in the treatment of supracondylar humerus fractures in children. Open Orthop J. 2015;15(9):139-142.
- Bergin PF, Doppelt JD, Hamilton W, Mirick GE, Jones A, Sritulanondha S, Helm J, Tuan R. Detection of periprosthetic infections with use of ribosomal RNA-based polymerase chain reaction. JBJS-Am 2010;92(3):654-663.
- New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY, USA
- Orthopedics, George Washington University, Washington, DC, USA
- Orthopaedic Trauma, University of California - San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member and Committee Member, Orthopaedic Trauma Association
- Vice President, Minnesota Orthopaedic Society
- Faculty, AO Trauma North America
- Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
“I am actively involved in volunteer orthopaedic work in Haiti and have worked in Africa as well. Outside of work, I am married, am a distance runner, Orange Theory devotee, and Pilates enthusiast. I also enjoy traveling all over the world and spending time with our thoroughbred horses.”