Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I want to help you live your best life. Let’s get there together!”
Dr. Geissler specializes in upper extremity fracture care, arthritis, reconstructive surgery, elbow trauma, carpal tunnel, and peripheral nerve injury. She is also skilled in general orthopedic trauma care. She is committed to teaching and education in collaboration with the University of Minnesota.
- Geissler, J. Contributing Editor. Yearbook of Hand and Upper Limb Surgery 2015. Yao, J. Adams, J. Impact Factor: NA Times Cited: NA Role: Critical review of select articles (5).
- Geissler J, Van Heest A. Chapter: Successful Interviewing. Guide for Women in Orthopaedic Surgery, Edited by L. Cannada, M. O’Connor. Impact Factor: NA Times Cited: NA Role: Co-Author of chapter.
- Geissler J, Gioe T, Van Heest A, Tatman P. An Aggregate Interview Method of Ranking Orthopaedic Applicants predicts future performance. Orthopedics. 2013 Jul;36(7):e966-70. Impact Factor: 0.962 Times Cited: 2 Role: Data interpretation, manuscript preparation.
- Prohaska JR, Geissler J, Brokate B, Broderius M. Copper, zinc-superoxide dismutase protein but not mRNA is lower in copper-deficient mice and mice lacking the copper chaperone for superoxide dismutase. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2003 Sep; 228(8): 959-66. Impact Factor: 2.165 Times Cited: 45 Role: Laboratory analysis, data collection.
- Geissler J, Stevanovic M, Ghiassi A. Review of Pseudo-Volkmann Syndrome and case illustrations of flexor muscle entrapment in pediatric both bone forearm fracture. 2018. Manuscript accepted for publication at Journal of AAOS Global Research and Reviews. Impact Factor: NA Times Cited: NA Role: Data collection and manuscript preparation.
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
- Orthopedics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Hand and Upper Extremities, University of Southern California/Joseph H. Boyes Hand Fellowship, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- American Association for Hand Surgery
- Ruth Jackson Society
- American Medical Association
- Minnesota Orthopaedic Society
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Subspecialty Certification in Surgery of the Hand
- Assistant Professor of Orthopaedics, University of Minnesota
- Top Doctors, Minnesota Monthly: Hand Surgery, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Top Doctors, Minneapolis St. Paul Magazine: Orthopaedics, Rising Star 2015, 2016
“I grew up on a farm in Wisconsin, but Minneapolis is now my home. I love my job, my family, and my community. Thanks for letting me share my time with you!”