Katie Won, PharmD, BCOP
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“At Hennepin, specially trained pharmacists are available to meet with you individually in your clinic to help you better understand your medications and meet your health goals. We work closely with all of the members of your healthcare team to make sure your medications are safe and give you the best results so you are comfortable and satisfied with your medications. Cancer treatment is complex and often difficult for patients. I am honored to be a member of the team that cares for patients throughout their cancer treatment.”
Katie graduated in 1997 from the University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy. She completed a residency in critical care at Regions Hospital in St. Paul, Minnesota. She obtained her BCOP specialty certification in 2003 and recertified in 2010 and 2017. Currently, Katie spends her time on the oncology team in the Comprehensive Cancer Center alternating with chemotherapy protocol build and maintenance in Epic Beacon. Katie is a member of the institution’s cancer committee, medication safety committee, and cancer center subcommittee of the pharmacy and therapeutics committee.
- Weber L., Kettle, J., Kurtzweil, A., Williams, CB., Elsey, R., Won K., 2017, Adult Hematologic Malignancies. In: Alldredge, B., Corelli, R., Ernst, M., Koda-Kimble and Young’s Applied Therapeutics: The Clinical Use of Drugs., 11th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams, & Wilkins, Release 12/ 2017.
- Moss A., Won K., Weber L., Medication Therapy Management in the Outpatient Cancer Center, A J Hematol Oncol Pharm. 2012; 2(3):103-107.
- Weber L., Stricker S., Williams C. Won K., 2012. Hematologic Malignancies. In: Alldredge B., Corelli R., Ernst M., Guglielmo B., Jacobson P., Kradjan W., Williams B., Koda-Kimble and Young’s Applied Therapeutics: The Clinical Use of Drugs., 10th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams, & Wilkins. P 2172-2196.
- Hematology/Oncology Pharmacy Association
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Board Certified Oncology Pharmacist
“In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with family, boating, and riding my horses.”