Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“It is my honor to walk alongside young people as they learn about their health and how they can construct happy lives. While I am a pediatrician, I am here as a resource to the entire family. As a parent myself, helping others celebrate the joys of parenthood and overcome the challenges is a role I cherish.”
Dr. Subrahmanian takes care of the broad spectrum of general pediatrics. He participates in newborn care, well child care from birth to adolescence, acute care visits and inpatient hospital pediatric care. His clinical expertise is in Tropical Medicine, HIV/AIDS and Global Child Health. Dr. Subrahmanian graduated from Harvard with a degree in Social Studies and subsequently taught high school special education. He received an education degree from the University of Cambridge and is very interested in the intersection between education and medicine.
- Subrahmanian, K., Shim, Y., Shah, M., Tran, B., Stevens, A., Cruz, A. Evaluation and Management of Acute-onset Hemiparesis in an Adolescent with Leukemia. In Publication.
- Subrahmanian, K., Tang, C., Zhang L., Turner T., Raphael J.L. Learning Unplugged: Technology, Childhood Activity and School Outcomes. Pediatric Academic Societies. Vancouver, B.C. May 2014. Platform Presentation. In Publication
- Subrahmanian, K., Petereit, D.G., Kanekar S., Burhansstipanov L., Esmond S., Miner R., Spotted Tail C., Guadagnolo B.A. Community Based Participatory Development, Implementation and Evaluation of a Cancer Screening Educational Intervention among American Indians in the Northern Plains. Journal of Cancer Education. March 2011
- Stanford University Medical School, Palo Alto, CA, USA
- Global Child Health, Texas Children's Hospital/Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
- Pediatrics, Texas Children's Hospital/Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Chief Resident in Pediatrics and Global Child Health, Texas Children’s Hospital
- Cambridge Gates Fellow
- Paul and Daisy Soros Fellow
- Adam Cohen Award in Medical Professionalism
- Commencement Speaker, Stanford School of Medicine 2012
“I really enjoy spending time with my family, cooking, reading and relishing my fate as a tortured Minnesota sports fan.”