Lucy Yun Lu, PharmD, MS
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“Managing medication therapy can be challenging, especially when multiple medications are used together or medications are used with or any forms of alternative medications, or nutrition supplements. Ideal medication treatment should be supported by strong clinical data. All the medications should be effective, affordable with minimal side effects. It is my goal to help my patients and doctors to find the best combination for each individual based on their physical and healthy conditions.”
Lucy’s practice area is cardiology and anticoagulation. She is specialized in medication treatment for coronary artery disease, heart failure, arrhythmia, hypertension, hyperlipidemia and anticoagulation. Medication safety is her first priority. She has special interest in herbal and alternative therapy as well as drug interactions. Lucy received her Doctorate of Pharmacy degree at the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities. She is a Clinical Associate Professor at the University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy. She has been providing Medication Therapy Management in the Cardiology Clinic since 2009.
- Huang J, Lu Y, Chen J. Perioperative Pulmonary Embolism Prevention and Treatment. Transl Perioper & Pain Med 2017; 2(3): 1-9.
- Liu J, Nie XY, Zhang Y, Lu Y, Shi LW, Wang WM. CYP2C19*2 and Other Allelic Variants Affecting Platelet Response to Clopidogrel Tested by Thrombelastography in Patients with Acute Coronary Syndrome. Chin Med J 2015;128:2183-8.
- Lu Y, Branstad R, Karim R.M, Asinger R.W. Consideration of clinical variables for choosing a new anticoagulant alternative to warfarin for the management of non-valvular atrial fibrillation. Journal of Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics, 2014, 39,628–636.
- Lu Y, Clifford P, Bjorneby A, Thompson B, VanNorman S, Won K, Larsen K. Quality improvement through implementation of discharge order verification. American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy May 2013, 70 (9) 815-820.
- American Heart Association
- American Pharmacist Association
- Association of Healthcare Pharmacist
- Anticoagulation Forum
- University of Minnesota Alumni
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist
- Doctorate of Pharmacy
“My husband and I have two boys and one dog. As an active nature lover, I spend my spare time gardening, hiking, jogging, biking, swimming, photography, reading and writing. Helping people gives me peace and joy, I volunteer in various community activities globally and internationally.”