Paul Stahler, MD, FACS
Surgical Director, Renal Transplant and Living Donor Program
General Surgery, Kidney Transplant and Vascular Access Surgery, Kidney/Transplant Program, Surgical Critical Care, Trauma Surgery
Dr. Stahler has special interests in kidney transplantation, laparoscopic donor nephrectomy, trauma, and acute care surgery, surgical critical care, vascular access, minimally invasive surgery, and hepatobiliary surgery.
- Reininger KA, Onyeaghala G, Anderson-Haag T, Schladt DS, Wu B, Guan W, Dorr CR, Remmel RP, Mannon R, Matas AJ, Oetting WS, Stahler PA, Israni AK, Jacobson PA. Higher number of tacrolimus dose adjustments in kidney transplant recipients who are extensive and intermediate CYP3A5 metabolizers. Clin Transplant. 2022 Dec;26e14893.
- Petrun BM, Christie R, Nygaard RM, Israni A, Hill MJ, Richardson CJ, Stahler PA. Graft survival of fourth time renal transplant recipients are similar to third time recipients: A SRTR database analysis. Clin Transplant. 2020 Jul;34(7):e13884.
- Fabbri KR, Anderson TL, Spenningsby AM, Israni A, Nygaard RM, Stahler PA. Marijuana use should not preclude consideration for kidney transplantation. Clin Transplant. 2019 Oct;33(10) e13706.
- Stahler PA, Redfield RR. Exotic AVG creation. Dialysis Access Cases: Practical Solutions to Clinical Challenges. Alexander S. Yevzlin, MD, Robert R. Redfield III, MD, Arif Asif, MD, Gerald A. Beathard, MD. Springer. 2017.
- Stahler PA, Weese SE, Nygaard RM, Hill MJ, Richardson CJ, Larson SM, Gunderson S, Quickel RR. Honoring patients’ organ donation decisions when family conflict is present: Experience from a single organ procurement organization. J Trauma and Acute Care Surgery. 2014 Oct; 77(4):555-8.
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- General Surgery, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Abdominal Transplant Surgery, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
- Surgical Critical Care, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI, USA
Media, Newsletters and Videos
- Why and How I Donated a Kidney to a Stranger, StarTribune, 2023
- American Society of Transplantation
- American Society of Transplant Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- Hitchcock Surgical Society
- Minnesota Chapter of the American College of Surgeons
- Board-certified in general surgery by the American Board of Surgery
- Board-certified in surgical critical care by the American Board of Surgery
- Board-certified in multi-organ abdominal transplant surgery, with certifications in kidney, liver, and pancreas transplantation by the American Society of Transplant Surgeons
- “Rising Star”, Mpls St. Paul Magazine, 2021-2022
- “Top Doctor”, Minnesota Monthly Magazine, 2017-2021