Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am committed to helping each individual patient come up with an approach to healthcare that takes into account the complexity of each patient’s life experience including culture, language, mental health, and housing challenges. I try to see each patient in the context of the world around them, including family and friends whenever possible!”
Dr. Silva is board-certified in Internal Medicine and cares for adult patients with acute and chronic illnesses in clinic and hospital settings. She works as an educator for medical students, medical resident trainees, and her patients. She is fluent in Spanish and enjoys working with Latino patients.
- Sandler R, Myers L, Springgate B. Resident physicians’ opinions and behaviors regarding the use of interpreters in New Orleans. Southern Medical Journal 2014 Nov;107(11):698-702. doi: 10.14423/SMJ.0000000000000186.
- Sandler, RF. Clowning for a brighter future. Global Pulse Journal: The American Medical Student Association International Health Journal. Fall 2009; 5(2).
- University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA, USA
- Internal Medicine, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA, USA
Media, Newsletters and Videos
- Rachel Silva, MD filmed segments for ElMinnesotadeHoy.com (Today’s Minnesota), March 2015
- Carmen Divertie, MD, and Rachel Silva, MD, from the General Internal Medicine Spanish Clinic team were filmed for segments on the Univision Channel, taping educational segments featured in Nuestra Salud (Our Health), November 2014
- Society of General Internal Medicine
- American College of Physicians
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School
- Yellow Firm Clinic Director, General Internal Medicine Clinic, Hennepin County Medical Center
- Minnesota Board of Medical Practice
- Advanced Clinical Life Support and Basic Life Support
- 2011 Leonard Tow Humanism in Medicine Award, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine
- 2011 Service Distinction Track, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine
- Rising Star Award, Minneapolis/St. Paul Magazine, 2018, 2019, 2020
“I was born in Minnesota and after many years away, I have found my way back to the Twin Cities. In my spare time, I enjoy traveling the world with my husband, Ilan. If not making our way by airplane, you might run into us sampling the variety of international foods right here at home. I also like to spend time playing with my two dogs, Max and Reina.”