Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am passionate about listening to patients and providing information, counseling and guidance to them as they make their own informed decisions about their health care.”
I am board certified in internal medicine and rheumatology. I provide rheumatology care in the clinic and in the hospital for patients hospitalized with acute illness. I perform musculoskeletal ultrasound guided diagnostic tests and therapeutic injections. I also provide bone health care and have special interest in lupus and vasculitis.
- Mahmood, SB, Nelson, E, Padniewski, J, Nasr, R; Polymyalgia Rheumatica: An updated review; Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine September 2020, 87 (9) 549-556; DOI: https://doi.org/10.3949/ccjm.87a.20008.
- Padniewski, J, Thottam, G, Nasr, R; IgG4 sclerosing disease of the esophagus: a case-based review, Rheumatology Int 2002 Oct; 40 (10): 1733-1737 doi: 10.1007/s00296-020-04594-5. Epub 2020 May 2.
- Rinden, T, Miller, E, Nasr, R, Giant Cell Arteritis: An updated review of and old disease; Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine July 2019, 86 (7) 465-472; DOI https://doi.org/10.3949/ccjm.86a.18103.
- American University of Beirut, BEIRUT, LEBANON
- Internal Medicine, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Rheumatology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- American College of Rheumatology
- Certified in internal medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Certified in rheumatology by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Rheumatology Division Director since 2017
- HCMC Department of Medicine Clinical Excellence Award, 2019
- Minnesota Monthly Top Doc, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
“In my free time, I enjoy traveling and immersing myself in different cultures. I also enjoy spending time with my kids.”