Dr. Olives is trained in emergency medicine, internal medicine, and medical toxicology. He practices emergency medicine with Hennepin HealthCare in the HCMC Emergency Department, and practices medical toxicology at the same hospital. He is associate medical director of the Minnesota Poison Control System and is actively involved in the care of poisoned patients at the bedside.
- Boley SP, Olives TD, Bangh SA, Fahrner S, Cole JB. Physostigmine is superior to non-antidote therapy in the management of antimuscarinic delirium: a prospective study from a regional poison center. Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2018 Jun 29:1-6.
- Cole JB, Arens AM, Laes JR, Klein LR, Bangh SA, Olives TD. High dose insulin for beta-blocker and calcium channel-blocker poisoning. Am J Emerg Med. 2018 Oct;36(10):1817-1824.
- Olives TD, Arens AM, Kloss JS, Apple FS, Cole JB. The new face of heroin. Am J Emerg Med. 2017 Dec;35(12):1978-1979.
- Olives TD, Nystrom PC, Cole JB, Dodd KW, Ho JD. Intubation of Profoundly Agitated Patients Treated with Prehospital Ketamine. Prehosp Disaster Med. 2016 Dec;31(6):593-602.
- Olives TD, Patel RG, Thompson HM, Joing S, Miner JR. Seventy-two-hour antibiotic retrieval from the ED: a randomized controlled trial of discharge instructional modality. Am J Emerg Med. 2016 Jun;34(6):999-1005.
- Olives TD, Topeff JM, Willhite LA, Kubic VL, Keyler DE, Cole JB. Complete clinical course of envenomation by Protobothrops mangshanensis: delayed coagulopathy and response to Trimeresurus albolabris antivenom. Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2016 Mar;54(3):290-2.
- Olives TD, Orozco BS, Stellpflug SJ. Bath salts: the ivory wave of trouble. West J Emerg Med. 2012 Feb;13(1):58-62. Olives T, Patel R, Patel S, Hottinger J, Miner JR. Health literacy of adults presenting to an urban ED. Am J Emerg Med. 2011 Oct;29(8):875-82.
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Emergency Medicine/Internal Medicine, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Internal Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Medical Toxicology